amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
2/19 East Coast Winter Storm Threat

OKpowdah

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's probably the most likely scenario.

yeah sounds about right. LOL.

LOL, don't think a Cape plaster job hasn't crossed my mind.

should be an interesting few days. i hate when these things show up 7+ days out because it's just so far out in model la-la land. i know the signal has been there off and on again so there's reason to watch...but by the time you get under 3 days, you feel like you've been watching the "threat" for months.

hasn't the Euro showed storms off t he coast in the 5+ day time period this year while the GFS didn't only for the Euro to fold?

at least, that's recollection (at least 1x, and I think more)

don't get me wrong, I understand the concept that the GFS hasn't caught on, but we're going against this season's trend in place since OCT of 0 for 20 for coastals

if it happens, it can only be explained by the MJO, I guess, since this is the first time it's been favorable

He had to have thought the Euro was a miss for everyone. If DC got 1-2 feet while he started his mom's bulb plantings for the spring out in the yard..I think he'd be pretty upset

no i think the meant he doesn't want to see SNE whiff while folks down in the MA get a good event. that's pretty much what the euro showed.

In this pattern....I don't know....that's just a guess, but sort of how I feel. No bias or disrespect meant to any other region. I suppose if it were pretty far to the south, parts of interior NC could have snow.

I actually thought there was some merit to the 0z GFS solution. Boone FTW.

NCEP:

"DURING THIS COMING WEEKEND MODEL AND ENSEMBLE GUIDANCE DISPLAYS

SIGNIFICANT SPREAD WITH RESPECT TO THE EVOLUTION OF AN EJECTING

NWRN MEXICO CLOSED LOW AND POSSIBLE INTERACTING NRN STREAM ENERGY.

THIS LEADS TO BELOW AVERAGE CONFIDENCE IN SPECIFICS OF

CORRESPONDING SFC DEVELOPMENT AND SENSIBLE WEATHER IMPACT OVER

AREAS FROM THE SRN PLAINS/GULF COAST NEWD THRU THE ERN CONUS.

GIVEN THE PROGRESSIVE NATURE AND PACIFIC ORIGIN OF THE NRN STREAM

ENERGY... IT MAY WELL TAKE UNTIL WITHIN A COUPLE DAYS OF ACTUAL

SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT BEFORE SOME CONSENSUS EMERGES REGARDING

IMPORTANT DETAILS."

Everything they say after this leading paragraph in their overnight Prelim discussion is irrelevent to me...

To be announced on this...

Phil, I'll always remember that storm as the one where you sent me text updates while I was at dinner. I was like that guy on the cell phone commercial getting texts on sports updates and the girlfriend was asking him if he was checking his phone...lol.

haha. that event was the friday night ray meltdown when you guys were out. he texted to ask how the ukmet looked - it had gone south by like 100 miles on that particular run - and he lost it.

it's funny because it essentially is a miss for SNE on every piece of available guidance right now. euro is a bit of scrape job i suppose but it's nothing to write home about.

oh, and just so everyone is clear, the euro ens control run.....whiff. LOL.

Yeah it is. I'm hoping some of the pieces of the puzzle help us out here, because in all honestly, it's the best looking pattern since Halloween I think..lol. At least on the Atlantic side. I know that's not saying much, this season.

Archived