joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/19 East Coast Winter Storm Threat

OKpowdah

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At 500mb, the 18z GEFS actually take the vort lobe on the western side of the vortex in Hudson Bay and almost phase it with the stuff coming across the south. Worth watching anyways, but I would keep the excitement down for now.

I love how you chum the waters ("phase!") and in the same breath hoist the caution flag. :lol:

It's under 150 hours, time for the usual suspects to chuck.

I love how you chum the waters ("phase!") and in the same breath hoist the caution flag. :lol:

It's under 100 hours, time for the usual suspects to chuck.

:lol:

Well I'm describing what it shows, but I throw the "caution" flags out there because it seems some people take what you say and expect more. I try to be careful with my wording and I hope people understand what I mean. Maybe it's assumed people shouldn't go overboard, but it seems like some get more excited than they should be. I think it also conveys the uncertainty, especially this winter.

It's under 100 hours, time for the usual suspects to chuck.

Such a classic scooter post. It looks good...but...

It's at 144 hours right now...

Yeah...I would think this would be a stay up all night Saturday thing if it happened...

southern tip o greenland is awesome. what are they doing with the friday threat and how is it not interfering?

The Friday storm is the trough over Newfoundland.

The timing of the weekend storm is during the day Sunday (right now), so there's not really interference from the Friday storm ... in fact it's perfect spacing for a classic 50/50 low and trough approaching the east coast. The interference comes from all the other individual s/w's over the US and southern Canada interacting with each other ... either favorably or unfavorably.

The Friday storm is the trough over Newfoundland.

The timing of the weekend storm is during the day Sunday (right now), so there's not really interference from the Friday storm ... in fact it's perfect spacing for a classic 50/50 low and trough approaching the east coast. The interference comes from all the other individual s/w's over the US and southern Canada interacting with each other ... either favorably or unfavorably.

This is of course what we would've expected to see with the MJO as it is and with the continued sign for several days now of ridging in the DS area. This is trending in the right direction. Since we are NNE we deserve a moderate event Friday and then to share in the stemwinder Sunday. I thought sometimes that the first storm can relocate the baroclinic zone and f things up?

Scooter promised a huge storm!

Lol. Wise to be cautious

Someday we will see him weenie out like Ryan did for ROctober

I pretty much weenied out all last winter and even October. Every storm this season has had red flags. Opposite of last year...I don't throw those yellow flags out for nothing. :lol:

Well I'm describing what it shows, but I throw the "caution" flags out there because it seems some people take what you say and expect more. I try to be careful with my wording and I hope people understand what I mean. Maybe it's assumed people shouldn't go overboard, but it seems like some get more excited than they should be. I think it also conveys the uncertainty, especially this winter.

This is totally AWESOME!!! What time do you expect the snow to start? What do you think about totals? 18-24" lollies to 36"? This is so great! What a turn of events !

You do a great job with your explanation of what could possibly happen or not, Some just can't see pass there snow goggles and twist it around...lol

When I was a kid, I remember how awful it felt to be disappointed by a storm that changed to rain, while 30 miles away it was S+. I never want anyone else to feel that way...Dec '92 pretty much scarred me for life. I try to talk about the good and bad in events, it's just lately when you talk about the good...you have to talk about that bad with it. Last year it was just how much and when...this year it's how little and when will this disaster be over..lol. I'm not usually cautious or a downer by nature...I'm usually pretty objective. I will say, I like this setup.

When I was a kid, I remember how awful it felt to be disappointed by a storm that changed to rain, while 30 miles away it was S+. I never want anyone else to feel that way...Dec '92 pretty much scarred me for life. I try to talk about the good and bad in events, it's just lately when you talk about the good...you have to talk about that bad with it. Last year it was just how much and when...this year it's how little and when will this disaster be over..lol. I'm not usually cautious or a downer by nature...I'm usually pretty objective. I will say, I like this setup.

Hey Guys!!! Scooter says a major N'oreaster is a lock!!!!! schweet!!!

Archived