• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
D6 event....blizzard, flizzard, rain, or partly cloudy?

weathafella

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not the worst run, despite the miss. The phase timings are among the least predictable aspects at this range. Storm isn't totally crushed or anything, and doesn't cut way inland.

It doesn't seem like a cold bias is causing this particular storm to be OTS, but more often than not the GFS corrects NW not SE.

The southern stream stays perfectly in between the two northern stream shortwaves...thus not phasing and we see an out to sea solution. But that would be quite the feat to pull off, its like trying to balance yourself walking a tight rope.

Yeah I know...lol. I'll take this run....better than 12z for sure.

I understand that.....I described the run; what is wrong with that I haven't a clue.

You've made some implied negative tone posts in this thread....first mentioning how paltry the Euro was taken at face value (hours after it had been discussed) and then calling this 2010. I suppose there's nothing wrong with those posts in and by themselves, but your tone has been negative as if you are about to put the nail in the coffin for this event at 132 hours.

You've made some implied negative tone posts in this thread....first mentioning how paltry the Euro was taken at face value (hours after it had been discussed) and then calling this 2010. I suppose there's nothing wrong with those posts in and by themselves, but your tone has been negative as if you are about to put the nail in the coffin for this event at 132 hours.

That is a misperception; I never said that......I'm not sure how labeling a given determinstic soloution as paltry qualifies as dismissing the threat.

You know yourself that I'm very demonstrative and I will state in no uncertain terms when I believe a threat to be dead.

I'll gladly take how things look right now...just appears to be some timing/phasing issues as our main issues here and giving this is over 120 HR's out still lots of time for things to be worked out. Given how fast the flow is models could go a bit crazy with trying to time these pieces of energy.

I'll gladly take how things look right now...just appears to be some timing/phasing issues as our main issues here and giving this is over 120 HR's out still lots of time for things to be worked out. Given how fast the flow is models could go a bit crazy with trying to time these pieces of energy.

I'll taker a near miss at d6 any day of the week. I'm all set with the gfs and euro showing over 1', 6 days out.

I'll taker a near miss at d6 any day of the week. I'm all set with the gfs and euro showing over 1', 6 days out.

It's never really a good thing when you're in the bullseye that far out...as much as this sentence probably gets overused...same thing in the summer for convection...I HATE when the models 4+ days out show PERFECT timing of the cold front b/c you know that timing is not going to work out and the front will come through earlier or later and that's not a good thing.

I know Ray said if the 12z Euro is still meh tomorrow it may be time for concern, DT said that as well (for our sake) but I'll really give this until 12z runs on Thursday...when you're dealing with timing issues you almost have to wait until you're in the short-term to finally jump the gun.

Archived