• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
D6 event....blizzard, flizzard, rain, or partly cloudy?

weathafella

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it just hangs back the inverted trough for a couple days dumping more snow. All the ensemble means sort of looked like that too which is nice. :snowman:

No kidding. That's like 2.5-3" over SE MA/CC.

I am slowing beginning to think the out to sea route is fading. 00z suite tonight, imo, will decide if that is still on the table.

18z GFS ensemble mean looks about 200 SE of the benchmark...as mentioned after its similar position on the 12z run...probably not a bad spot at all at 144 hours.It actually trended a little SE I think from the 12z run.

Check out the change in H5 heights, this runs means are def. more amplified, not that it means much.

Check out the change in H5 heights, this runs means are def. more amplified, not that it means much.

I didn't check those very carefully, but the sfc low track is def a bit SE of 12z mean...maybe 50 miles or so. Not that it really means much at this point.

Nice to see the 18z come back substantially with this thing... Seems so far in this when a given model drops, it only does so for one run. ...Not sure if any significance to that observation but it is what it is. The 00z Euro will be interesting.

Really not much to add as Will stated. Kind of a waiting game - that's sometimes the problem when the runs pick something this far in advance. And also ... therein lies the risk of vesting too much time in anticipation. Integrating a whole week's worth of expectation only to have ti miss would be ...well, not good considering where we've come.

Hopefully this won't do that. Hopefully this wont' fall on deaf ears, but it might be time remember that you give into it on your own. You know, this could bomb 20ft too far off shore to bring a flurry to BOS and guess what, at this time range the current 00z/06z/12z would be fantastic solutions relative to skill at this type of time lead, having never realized a flake in the area ;)

Just something to (hopefully) keep things in perspective as we get through the week and churn out these model runs.

Please fellas...no westward jog. Everyone gets snow and 50 miles west I may have problems and Phil is fooked. Lets stay together on this one..

Well its not gonna stay at its current path and if it goes 100 miles east all of us are fooked. So, "Go west young man"

I'm not sure I agree. I think there is a higher threat of this going OTS than cutting way west.

Really? I mean I guess that given it's D6+ there's a good chance of losing it completely because the timing is wrong, but in terms of the overall pattern I think it could easily favor something cutting over SNE... there's not much of a 50/50 low. If it phases well than it probably will cut over SNE as it wraps around or phases with the PV over the great lakes. I'm sort of like 30/30/40 on west track vs coastal track vs OTS/no storm. I don't know, maybe that's a little aggressive for D6 but I think there's a pretty good signal at this point

Do you guys remember the days in early and mid 2000s when 6-12 inch storms were considered like a 2-4" type deal around here? I would do anything for a 6-12" storm now. I don't think I've seen over 12" in 2 years.

You weren't getting 6-12" events one after another in 07/08 and 08/09? lol

Archived