joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Disco for the next one.. 01/28-01/29

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18z GFS = rain to Canada for this one (FRI-SAT) Cuts well to the west. I hope everyone enjoyed the 4-5 days of winter this season. :axe:

really? jumping off bridge on one gfs model run where last run was so far south? it will adjust its self. plus its the 18z i put no merit in 6z or 18zm. 0z and 12z are the ones to pay attention to

Didn't you just post a few hours ago that you were feeling this storm and that BOS would jackpot?

Ehh...I was feeling the EURO high. If this comes to threading the needle. 9 times out of 10, it will turn into a nonevent for at least the CP.

Ray, Scott, even Jerry isn't feeling it. We'll see. Plenty of time. Wish there was a HP to the north.

Ehh...I was feeling the EURO high. If this comes to threading the needle. 9 times out of 10, it will turn into a nonevent for at least the CP.

Ray, Scott, even Jerry isn't feeling it. We'll see. Plenty of time. Wish there was a HP to the north.

It's not impossible, but there are too many questions right now, for me to get excited. Just sit back and watch for now.

It's not impossible, but there are too many questions right now, for me to get excited. Just sit back and watch for now.

Teleconnections don't look too bad.

AO rises, but falls back again right around 1/28. NAO is teetering around 0.0SD and the PNA looks to speak positive right around next weekend.

Some ingredients are on the table. Wait and see mode though now. Still 150+ hours.

18z GFS = rain to Canada for this one (FRI-SAT) Cuts well to the west. I hope everyone enjoyed the 4-5 days of winter this season. :axe:

Euro had that one too like that. GFS simply didn't have the southern system the euro did. Same for 0Z...nothing in the southern stream. The Thursday system to me was always garbage and I thought the euro system Saturday was a stretch.

Please discuss the options. Can the first one be wintry even if it means ice and not just for GC?

I think the only way this can be wintry, is if this somehow deepens off the coast, but that doesn't seem likely. If you want wintry weather on a very minor scale, then that is a possible option. If the srn system is squashed enough, it just may send out a sheared piece of moisture that could cause some very light snow or ice. Otherwise, this is kind of a putrid set up, with lots of srly flow out ahead of any low, which causes the atmosphere to be borderline. As far as this weekend goes....good lord it could be anything. It's going to depend on nrn stream timing. It very well could be just a gloried cold front coming through if the euro ensembles are right, but given how quickly everything is moving..I wouldn't rule out anything quite yet.

A lot of these model runs over the past 24 hours have had some sort of signal for an upslope event during the weekend given the trough axis and energy/fronts swinging through.

Even if the synoptic doesn't pan out, one of these peices of energy looks to put a low in the Maritime region with moist NW flow for a time. Feeling better about some accumulating snows sometime over the weekend.

You are so miserable today hahaha

As much as I enjoyed being at the game standing in the cold for 4.5 hours pregame, the entire game and tailgating again afterwards...didn't love that cold. Was biting for some reason probably because of the drinking and just not being used to it this year.

Grumpy smurf FTL.

Over 32 here now, roads melting. Not expecting additional snow here this week as of now.

Archived