joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Disco for the next one.. 01/28-01/29

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking good shoppers, like it, Ray in the stink hole though.

took the drive up from VT through montreal and over to ottawa yesterday morning.

about 3 inches on the ground in northern VT along the champlain valley and that amount steadily increased as i headed northward on I-89 to about 4-6 inches in MTL city.

then as i headed westward from downtown MTL along the 417 highway all the way to east ottawa (1.5 hour drive), there was gradually increasing amounts, i'd say a peak average of 12-18 (with higher drifts) just east of ottawa and through casselaman region

and then by the time i got into ottawa city and over to where my parents live in S ottawa, about 8-14 inches on the ground depending where you look.... with drifted snowpack in the usual spots up to the 2 foot range as i walk around here in S ottawa. overall its a dense (multiple compressive events), fresh-looking snowpack with typical piling, very january-esque scene. the pack is not overly impressive in depth, but pretty solid and steady (since december 23) considering the type of winter being had.

took the drive up from VT through montreal and over to ottawa yesterday morning.

about 3 inches on the ground in northern VT along the champlain valley and that amount steadily increased as i headed northward on I-89 to about 4-6 inches in MTL city.

then as i headed westward from downtown MTL along the 417 highway all the way to east ottawa (1.5 hour drive), there was gradually increasing amounts, i'd say a peak average of 12-18 (with higher drifts) just east of ottawa and through casselaman region

and then by the time i got into ottawa city and over to where my parents live in S ottawa, about 8-14 inches on the ground depending where you look.... with drifted snowpack in the usual spots up to the 2 foot range as i walk around here in S ottawa. overall its a dense (multiple compressive events), fresh-looking snowpack with typical piling, very january-esque scene. the pack is not overly impressive in depth, but pretty solid and steady (since december 23) considering the type of winter being had.

Yea I just read this post in the upstate thread, damn NVT is skimpy. but Canada looks good, the Toronto kid has not posted and complained, figured he had snow OTG.

Down at work 41 degrees snow pack on infrared gun is 28, not getting that ice layer this morning is going to hurt. You should be fine in 36 hours.

I will have nothing but piles left. Most of the damage will be done later today and tonight with screaming southerlies, high dews and rain. I fully expect to have nothing left by tomorrow morning. The day tomorrow won't be that warm here 40ish...it's tonite that I am dreading. I would think all of CT loses their snowcover up to ORH and pesp points NW will keep it.

Hopefully the next 5-7 days can replenish

I will have nothing but piles left. Most of the damage will be done later today and tonight with screaming wouterlies, high dews and rain. I fully expect to have nothing left by tomorrow morning. The day tomorrow won't be that warm here 40ish...it's tonite that I am dreading.  I would think all of CT loses their snowcover up to ORH and pesp points NW will keep it.

Hopeflly the next 5-7 days can replenish

LOL on the screaming winds, huge inversion.

The weekend storm is likely the best chance for those that want wintry stuff..especially east and south of GC. We have a big ridge trying to develop near the West Coast which will try to dig and s/w moving se across the Plains. However, this system might still be too progressive and slide OTS, but seems to be worthy of watching.

The weekend storm is likely the best chance for those that want wintry stuff..especially east and south of GC. We have a big ridge trying to develop near the West Coast which will try to dig and s/w moving se across the Plains. However, this system might still be too progressive and slide OTS, but seems to be worthy of watching.

Exactly.

Archived