joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Disco for the next one.. 01/28-01/29

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thursday is minor because the southern energy holds back. It seems like a JB money in the bank situation to me for someone this weekend. It's hard to believe that someone is a few ships between Bermuda and Georges Bank. It still think that might well be a player on the weekend.

Thursday is better off the way it is for me...if it came up more it would just end up being even milder and who needs cold rain. A couple inches of wet snow I'd take.

Thursday is minor because the southern energy holds back. It seems like a JB money in the bank situation to me for someone this weekend. It's hard to believe that someone is a few ships between Bermuda and Georges Bank. It still think that might well be a player on the weekend.

Thursday is better off the way it is for me...if it came up more it would just end up being even milder and who needs cold rain. A couple inches of wet snow I'd take.

OVC and 36 now...what a brutal torch. LOL

I think Will would like the Euro for many of us if he was on

You definitely want it more south, but the risk may be less moisture too. It's just way to marginal to get excited right now, it could easily be rain for a good chunk of us. I do think there is the chance of some interior ice or perhaps snow far interior.

Hockey likes amplification of hB vortex this weekend...what would that mean for us?

It may try to send shortwaves around the horn, into the east. That would spawn cycloegenesis off the coast. The one nice thing about havinf a ridge out west and a vortexin Hudson Bay. However, it's not the nest airmass out ahead of it, so the low could develop and come very close to the SNE coastline as well. Ensemble members definitely have it, so the threat is there.

Euro ensembles have the weekend low, but an awful airmass. It has the 850 0C line from ern CT to just south of BOS, then collapsing se. Pretty bad for a storm near the BM..lol. But, that's the least of the worries...gotta get the storm to actually materialize.

That isn't bad really..implies a rain to snow scenario even for the coast

It may try to send shortwaves around the horn, into the east. That would spawn cycloegenesis off the coast. The one nice thing about havinf a ridge out west and a vortexin Hudson Bay. However, it's not the nest airmass out ahead of it, so the low could develop and come very close to the SNE coastline as well. Ensemble members definitely have it, so the threat is there.

Generally HB vortex is good for us....I know Jerry likes em! :jerry:

Euro ensembles have the weekend low, but an awful airmass. It has the 850 0C line from ern CT to just south of BOS, then collapsing se. Pretty bad for a storm near the BM..lol. But, that's the least of the worries...gotta get the storm to actually materialize.

Assuming the thing actually develops into a decent event, we have like a 50 sq mi chunk of real estate through which it may traverse in order to give most of us a significant snow event....so yea, all options are on the table, but about 90 of the 100 aren't that exciting for the majority of folks.

Assuming the thing actually develops into a decent event, we have like a 50 sq mi chunk of real estate through which it may traverse in order to give most of us a significant snow event....so yea, all options are on the table, but about 90 of the 100 aren't that exciting for the majority of folks.

There are growing signs of something, so that's good. We can't worry about details like that now, but track could be anywhere fro OTS, to up and across SNE.

There are growing signs of something, so that's good. We can't worry about details like that now, but track could be anywhere fro OTS, to up and across SNE.

Right....and I'm not...just putting things into perspective.

The weekend does have a chance, sothing I have never felt was the case for Thurs.

I'm really suprised that I didn't melt down this week.....kinda got the shaft, but so be it.....I have a feeling I'll get mine in Feb or march.

The weekend does have a chance, sothing I have never felt was the case for Thurs.

I'm really suprised that I didn't melt down this week.....kinda got the shaft, but so be it.....I have a feeling I'll get mine in Feb or march.

I'm right with you. Missed heavier bands in both storms by 5-10 miles.

Is this in response to the Debbie does Dudes? geezus, read this in that context.

Archived