• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Disco for the next one.. 01/28-01/29

Damage In Tolland

Today is not a torch per say, however with paltry overnight mins it will be close to a +10 for the day, but this winter that is nothing, thur and especially friday an entirely different story.

The 5 day period m-f will end up being impressive + wise but everyone already knew that.

Feb will be a good month.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously..is there really any threats here or is this all just hype and tracking rainstorms?

When does the Euro show the next legit threat?

Torch in Boston today, +6 so far on the high.

We're about 10+ days out, so I wouldn't track any one entity at this point, but rather keep a vigil on ensembles.

The behavior of the vortex near St. Petersburg, Russia is fascinating to me. To reach that position, it retrogrades about 2,000 miles in five days. Incidentally, the blocking high to its north retrogrades and strengthens right along with it.

If that behavior continued for a couple of more days, we could have a major high-latitude block over the N. Atlantic:

post-837-0-21354400-1327519502.gif

I think you get more KU's than me historically over there. I'm further inland and no doubt I get some great snowfalls (like 46" in Feb. 2010), but with less frequency than NH or eastern MA.

My snowfall average of 85" is not bad, but we nickel and dime it more in some winters. Last winter no snowfall over a foot, but 103 inches total.

So just saying ....I'd be deluding myself to expect a KU, but if it happens then praise god. LOL

I don't care about moderate snow events... We haven't had consistent cold to hold snow packs, so what's the freaking point? Give me a KU and no more snow.. give me an 1888 or some $hit like that.

One freaking KU and then just end winter

Fine by me organizing low... just end it now

I think you get more KU's than me historically over there. I'm further inland and no doubt I get some great snowfalls (like 46" in Feb. 2010), but with less frequency than NH or eastern MA.

My snowfall average of 85" is not bad, but we nickel and dime it more in some winters. Last winter no snowfall over a foot, but 103 inches total.

So just saying ....I'd be deluding myself to expect a KU, but if it happens then praise god.  LOL

As much as I enjoy a big nor'easter, I also enjoy nickels and dimes. 2-4" if fine by me. 3-6" would be great. A 12" would be superb.Obviously some post altering fodder in this one.

It feels raw and cold here today. Steel gray ovc, breezy, and the occasional "under the radar" flurries. It's been holding at 29 for like four hours. But it won't matter tomorrow night when we have 33 and rain.

Seriously..is there really any threats here or is this all just hype and tracking rainstorms?

When does the Euro show the next legit threat?

Torch in Boston today, +6 so far on the high.

There's plenty to be optimistic about with the +PNA and eventual drop in the EPO as we head into February. That type of pattern would be a bit more conductive to a larger event versus the smaller overrunning type events we saw in the last pattern that was more -EPO/-PNA between Jan 12-22. The NAO still isn't that great but we don't need it to be at this latitude...its not terrible either...it will probably have some period of ridging in that region. All of those factors will argue for some possible threats.

There's plenty to be optimistic about with the +PNA and eventual drop in the EPO as we head into February. That type of pattern would be a bit more conductive to a larger event versus the smaller overrunning type events we saw in the last pattern that was more -EPO/-PNA between Jan 12-22. The NAO still isn't that great but we don't need it to be at this latitude...its not terrible either...it will probably have some period of ridging in that region. All of those factors will argue for some possible threats.

Agreed. Seems like some good model agreement with the evolution of the +PNA and thr retrograde of the Ak low. Feb/March could be a very different animal. I'd argue likely.

Agreed. Seems like some good model agreement with the evolution of the +PNA and thr retrograde of the Ak low. Feb/March could be a very different animal. I'd argue likely.

Yea, I'm optimistic about that period...I think Feb, though averaging out warm, will be a decent snowfall month.

Archived