joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 19-20th Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow should start here in the Berks soon. Classic virga doughnut hole around ENX radar. That S to N streamer band near State College could produce for someone in SNE if it holds together. That's gotta be 1/4 SM +SN in that thing.

Yeah we're discussing that in the central PA thread. Light but steady snow here out in front of the band, sticking nicely...but if that band holds those in its path will be in for a nice surprise.

I gotta imagine that band near BUF will lose some of its juice as it moves away from the lakes. Looks like it picked up some nice extra moisture on SW flow across Lake Erie.

Saw that comment before, somebody forget about that small pond to our SE, imagine the inflow will reinvigorate that band in Eastern areas, also see thermal difference and instability increased East.

Cameras always make it look heavier than it is..but it's def a steady snow in much of CT.

You don't have anything?

The low level stuff is showing up great on OKX (I guess the dual-pol upgrade is complete). Some sound/ocen effect snow on a SSE flow. Nice :thumpsup:

Already accumulation on Suffolk County apparently.

The low level stuff is showing up great on OKX (I guess the dual-pol upgrade is complete). Some sound/ocen effect snow on a SSE flow. Nice :thumpsup:

Already accumulation on Suffolk County apparently.

Yeah you can really see the LL snow great on there. I love these kinds of sneaky events..that really aren't that significant but fun to watch unfold

Archived