amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Jan 19-20th Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny the difference between New Haven/Branford/Guilford and Old Saybrook/Old Lyme. Once you get east of Madison seasonal snow totals tend to drop off quickly.

Yeah, it is 36F and raining in Old Saybrook downtown and 32F and snowing with a solid coating at my house at 192ft ASL in Westbrook 3 miles inland. It's always an amazing gradient. Probably a HUGE reason why I'm studying weather.

Yeah he's my adviser right now! lol what made you leave if you dont mind me asking? You seem to have a passion for weather.

I had no loans to cover my second semester and I was in the process of working on that but everytime I filled out the paper work the school told me to do and thought I was done they gave me more to do...and then more...before I knew it was 2 weeks into the second semester and I was taking 18 credits...I was so far behind so I just decided to leave.

I wanted to go back but I owed the school about $1200 from my semester and I owed VSAC about $2000.

I did screw myself over between coming back from that semester and until last year when I hardly made payments...but as of now I only owe LSC $78 (which I'm sending them tomorrow) to get my transcript so I can transfer to Western Connecticut State (will be much cheaper for me) and I only owe VSAC now about $700.

If I can transfer back to LSC for my final 2 years of school I will DEFINITELY do it.

GON to rain.

38/33 - After a dusting of snow here in Westerly the strong southerly winds finally won out. Temp going up about a 1/10 every 5 mins - howling South wind and light rain with a few flakes mixed in.

I'm a summer weather person who despises snow - I'm only too happy to give up my snow for others... :) Enjoy!

Archived