Gonzalo00
Jan 19-20th Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was the forecast for your area?

Hoping for about 7x that here.

A flurry or two falling now, temp spiking.

Euro was deadly accurate here, nam and especially gfs failed. But I saw flakes so its a win this winter.

Total now at 2.8 for the season including October.

Noyes has me in the Dusting to 1" area on the map he just showed for tonight. And for saturday he has basically all of CT,RI, southeastern MA with >3 likely with a >1 likely up to around Dendrite. Well see how it goes as last night his map had most of eastern NE in the 4" zone, perhaps he is Kevin with a degree as someone said yesterday but I still think he's one of the better on air mets in my viewing area.

Still light snow with maybe .3 or .4 meh, but it's always nice to see snow.

Euro was deadly accurate here, nam and especially gfs failed. But I saw flakes so its a win this winter.

Total now at 2.8 for the season including October.

I don't think there's any debating it, the Euro did a better job. Wasn't perfect by any means, but the NAM and GFS were well overdone particularly in a few previous runs

Winds really picking up here as are the temps

it looks like it wants to slide east from here and probably give ginx 2 .....i think E ct and Cent. ri look lke the two jack pots at this point ....not with standing what may fall after midnite.

i would think area like hubba dave over to wa wa and will start snowing harder over next hour and get like 1-2 and this whole thing prolly slides ene and weakens slowly over next 3 hours.

it looks like it wants to slide east from here and probably give ginx 2 .....i think E ct and Cent. ri look lke the two jack pots at this point ....not with standing what may fall after midnite.

i would think area like hubba dave over to wa wa and will start snowing harder over next two hours and get like 1-2 and this whole thing prolly slides east and weakens slowly over next 3 hours.

OKAY

I don't think there's any debating it, the Euro did a better job. Wasn't perfect by any means, but the NAM and GFS were well overdone particularly in a few previous runs

Winds really picking up here as are the temps

GFS has the the area in CT and RI with the best QPF between 00z and 06z, I think it may have handled that better.

i would think area like hubba dave over to wa wa and will start snowing harder over next two hours and get like 1-2 and this whole thing prolly slides east and weakens slowly over next 3 hours.

Yeah, picking up now. Big flakes, falling decently and piling up.

What is up with your crazy fonts lately? Sometimes they are tiny, sometimes they are huge.

Archived