• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Next week's storm, Changes, Snow threats beyond (Part 2)

OKpowdah

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It won't ever get that bad, but I bet you thought of tying yourself to your snowmobile, and then gunning for a white pine.

LOL that made me chuckle. I've been getting light snow events (4" or less) and am bored out of my mind. I honestly really feel for you guys down there. It may not be deep but it is white up here. Its hard to fathom when you can say that 50% of climo to date is some of the most snow in the New England forum. There's a perception that we are being buried up here but that's not even close to reality. Its white up here with light snows often enough, but its still the worst winter since 2001-2002.

It seems like ages ago now that Jerry and I were asking for opinions on whether Xmas day snow should count for the 1" contest. That was over 2 weeks ago and there hasn't even been a debatable threat since. That's at a minimum probably a week away.

I'm just voicing my opinion which has been consistent, I don't think this is a major pattern change to sustained cold and snow. I think we take a cold shot that starts to move out by 1/22 or 1/24 and then we're left with an increasingly unstable and changing pattern. Cold shots may become a little longer, warm shots shorter but with still positive temperature departures overall? We need to make it happen in the 1/13 to 1/25 period.

Then again the people that constantly proclaim cold and snow have to be right eventually, so who knows.

Yet all the local news media and tv outlets will base their forecasts exclusively off of it,, and the public will have no idea just how cold it is going to get next weekend and beyond

If you mean the seasonable pattern upcoming....

Besides a few "somewhat" below normal days I don't see a monster Arctic outbreak here.

If you mean the seasonable pattern upcoming....

Besides a few "somewhat" below normal days I don't see a monster Arctic outbreak here.

An extended 3-5 day stretch or more of highs in the 20's and lows in the single digits and teens is certainly going to be a shock to most people's systems . Most people who don;t follow the wx are of the opinion that the entire winter is going to continue as it has been with no snow and no cold

We are about to enter one of the biggest flips of a wx pattern of our lives..The next 6 weeks are going to be very very wntry..All systems go. All models on board..all indices just where we want them

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wxrisk.com%2F2012%2F01%2Fhistoric-pattern-flip-coming%2F&h=LAQFm-slgAQG1t6xmFJHoMixNuBoDTfTRkpMB_cvOKnnqVg

I predict a Kevin melt down within 2 weeks.

Archived