• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Next week's storm, Changes, Snow threats beyond (Part 2)

OKpowdah

I think we should just focus on and enjoy the 2nd half of Jan and worry about what happens in Feb then, Maybe we only have a good 2-3 week stretch..and then it's back to warmth..or maybe it's 6 weeks of pure winter. Noone knows, this winter has proven noone can forecast long range...so let's just enjoy the coming couple of weeks,

I'm 32 years old, and I never thought I would feel like this...but I'm not even myself lately. If I look like a weenie saying this, then fine...but that's how I feel. I enjoy winter. I love forecasting events and watching them play out. I always did. Hopefully the next couple of weeks give us some fun.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't tell you how happy even a 2-4" sh*t clipper would make me right now. I feel like I'm back in the 80s all over again.

What is the latest the CP has gone without and advisory level snow? Feb?

I lived through the 80's in E Ma. but at least we had enough cold those winters that I was able to go ice fishing etc.

I'm 32 years old, and I never thought I would feel like this...but I'm not even myself lately. If I look like a weenie saying this, then fine...but that's how I feel. I enjoy winter. I love forecasting events and watching them play out. I always did. Hopefully the next couple of weeks give us some fun.

I think this statement sums up how every single one of us feels/has felt. As mets and weenies..we feed off the wx and if we don't get the weather that we desire..it affects our moods. I can guarantee you that each and every one of us on here to a man (or weenie) has been in a bad mood/irritated over the lack of winter the past 45 days. Even those who say (pretend) they don't like snow..they too have been affected. We just need a regionwide snow event to raise the spirits..not an event that drops 3 inches in GC or an inch of OES on the Cape., but a regionwide decent snowfall

I think this statement sums up how every single one of us feels/has felt. As mets and weenies..we feed off the wx and if we don't get the weather that we desire..it affects our moods. I can guarantee you that each and every one of us on here to a man (or weenie) has been in a bad mood/irritated over the lack of winter the past 45 days. Even those who say (pretend) they don't like snow..they too have been affected. We just need a regionwide snow event to raise the spirits..not an event that drops 3 inches in GC or an inch of OES on the Cape., but a regionwide decent snowfall

And don't get me wrong, I fully understand we will have clunkers. I expect it. It's just this winter is exceedingly boring. Not even a good cutter with strong south winds, or a cold snap herald in by 50+mph winds. Just complete boredom...even worse than some of our more boring winters. I think part of it, was that while I knew it was possible...I didn't think it would be this bad.

At this point I'd jump at the chance for a good two week stretch and a couple decent snow events...

I spent three days without looking at models while in western NY and apparently didn't miss much. 45+ both Friday and Saturday there.

I think we should just focus on and enjoy the 2nd half of Jan and worry about what happens in Feb then, Maybe we only have a good 2-3 week stretch..and then it's back to warmth..or maybe it's 6 weeks of pure winter. Noone knows, this winter has proven noone can forecast long range...so let's just enjoy the coming couple of weeks,

And don't get me wrong, I fully understand we will have clunkers. I expect it. It's just this winter is exceedingly boring. Not even a good cutter with strong south winds, or a cold snap herald in by 50+mph winds. Just complete boredom...even worse than some of our more boring winters. I think part of it, was that while I knew it was possible...I didn't think it would be this bad.

Here, Put this rope around your waist in case you slip off the ledge so we can pull you back up

Yeah....this is the big thing....so boring.

The funny part is..everyone deals with it in different ways

I just lose it,,and go back and forth and have meltdowns or lie about what I think will happen

- Will disappears for the board for days at a time

- Ray drinks heavily every night and insists his BY will still have more than 45 inches of snow.no matter what

- Scooter mixes extra caution into his already cautious posts...bookended by he hopes he's wrong

- Phil posts short 2-3 word phrases with the first letter never capitalized

- Ryan trolls everyone by posting how awful all models, ensembles, indicies look, and how at least things look good for NNE and that's all he cares about

- Tip pretends he doesn';t like snow, and tries to make everyone feel like losers for loving snow, even though he's one of the biggest snow lovers on the board

- Jerry insists pattern changes will start on the 10th and be complete by the 25th..no matter which month of the year it is

- Messneger makes non witty posts about how the GFS has no snow events thru hour 384 and then some sort of comment about how green his lawn is

- Mrg is forced to go Alaska for the rest of the winter

- MPM posts his current temp and dewpoint in EVERY SINGLE POST

-Hunchback Dave's posts are even more difficult to decipher than they were in winters where it did snow

-Ginx continues posting about boyz crying for their mamas and not to worry everything is just a month delayed when it's already a month and half past that time

- Dendrite wonders how much CAD he'll hang onto for the next rain event

-Birvine stops posting

-DomNH completely disappears from the board and life

-Wiz stops talking about severewx

-Biggrombaldowski posts half naked pictures of herself on Facebook and on here while dying her hair blue

-Powderfreak posts pictures of 3 inches of snow at the top of Mt Mansfield in mid January

It won't ever get that bad, but I bet you thought of tying yourself to your snowmobile, and then gunning for a white pine.

No, Not with a rope, But duct taping the throttle and driving it into the open water, Those thoughts have crossed my mind in the last couple weeks

I just lose it,,and go back and forth and have meltdowns or lie about what I think will happen

- Ray drinks heavily every night and insists his BY will still have more than 45 inches of snow.no matter what

- Scooter mixes extra caution into his already cautious posts...bookended by he hopes he's wrong

- Ryan trolls everyone by posting how awful all models, ensembles, indicies look, and how at least things look good for NNE and that's all he cares about

- Tip pretends he doesn';t like snow, and tries to make everyone feel like losers for loving snow, even though he's one of the biggest snow lovers on the board

- Jerry insists pattern changes will start on the 10th and be complete by the 25th..no matter which month of the year it is

- Messneger makes non witty posts about how the GFS has no snow events thru hour 384 and then some sort of comment about how green his lawn is

-Hunchback Dave's posts are even more difficult to decipher than they were in winters where it did snow

-Ginx continues posting about boyz crying for their mamas and not to worry everything is just a month delayed when it's already a month and half past that time

-Birvine stops posting

-Biggrombaldowski posts half naked pictures of herself on Facebook and on here while dying her hair blue

-Powderfreak posts pictures of 3 inches of snow at the top of Mt Mansfield in mid January

:lmao:

A well deserved laugh.

-Birvine stops posting

LOL Good stuff.

I feel like the Monday threat is a stretch. It's a sheared crappy low with maybe some rain or snow ticking the south coast. I suppose I wouldn't rule out some brief very light snow, but it looks ugly right now. That doesn't excite me at all...it could disappear on guidance.

Saturday's threat is all over the place. There are differences with modeling handling the s/w's and that won't be resolved for a few days at least. I'd keep an eye on that for now. Ensembles don't really have much right now..just some signs on the members. It may be pushed back to Sunday as well, but something to watch.

There aren't any solid threats in sight.

There are an increasing number of pro mets who are lately voicing the opinion that a pattern change (as in a turn to a period of consistent cold and snow chances) may not occur at all this winter. Even the heretofore gun-ho for a major pattern-change LC in his latest newsletter voiced concern that there are nothing but transient cold shots down the road, each one followed by mild temps, and no signs of any upstream blocking for the foreseeable future. This would really be something given how so many have been touting and steadfastly promising a big change for so long and have been forced repeatedly to push it back.

I, along with Brian Lovern and some others had been consistently debating with hiim for the past month that his big change was not going to occur as soon as he thought.

Been going on since mid December.

I used to feel that way inphilly every other winter. A trip to snow.helps....get the wife and head to uebec city forcarnival

-Birvine stops posting

Lol. Well done.

When you are running bad, any pattern seems very difficult to snow in...to get a period like we just had, it takes both a bad pattern and bad luck. We've had many patterns that are very similar but pulled off a few events.

Hopefully not just the pattern changes for the 2nd half of this month, but also the luck changes a bit.

-Birvine stops posting

Pretty much on the mark. Good ob about Tip. He likes to pretend he views everything through a completely objective scientific lens but we all know he's completely full of sh*t. Yes, I'm leaving on a big jet airliner. I just changed the batteries in my avy beacon, I'm going to be in some serious white smoke.

When you are running bad, any pattern seems very difficult to snow in...to get a period like we just had, it takes both a bad pattern and bad luck. We've had many patterns that are very similar but pulled off a few events.

Hopefully not just the pattern changes for the 2nd half of this month, but also the luck changes a bit.

It takes a special kind of suck.

Archived