• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Next week's storm, Changes, Snow threats beyond (Part 2)

OKpowdah

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it believable? I know its D6, but could the setup support it?

Yeah the setup can support it...we have a pretty good ridge out west. But without a block, again, we'll need pretty good timing and we haven't been able to buy that this winter.

Thursday event is different. Again, note that the low tracking further south doesn't mean colder. We need a stronger system driving toward strong high pressure. A track into NY could get the job done.

Bunch of shortwaves in the mix by next weekend.

Thursday event is different. Again, note that the low tracking further south doesn't mean colder. We need a stronger system driving toward strong high pressure. A track into NY could get the job done.

Bunch of shortwaves in the mix by next weekend.

Yup, We need a stronger system to turn the flow more NNW

GFS ensembles are much closer with the Thursday track...looks like near ACK. So more rain than the OP run shows.

It also has the storm behind it but obviously as its further out, its more diffuse looking on the ensembles...but a def min pressure hanging south of SNE at 144h.

Nice vortex showing up in Alaska at end of the run. Has there ever been a winter with 98% positive NAO?

'94-'95 and '07-'08 nearly went wire to wire with a +NAO...difference is in '07-'08 there was enough of a -EPO at times that the northern tier did well. Also the +NAO was displaced far SW.

Op run has 480 thicknesses just north of Lake Superior....crazy.

My idea of a few weeks of winter ala 1999-00 is looking good. Enjoy it while it last presuming it happens. I would throw 2/10-20 out as sayonara. My squirrels are lying bastards

I agree.....have liked that analog for awhile, hence my ammedned seasonal total of 45-55".

Op run has 480 thicknesses just north of Lake Superior....crazy.

My idea of a few weeks of winter ala 1999-00 is looking good. Enjoy it while it last presuming it happens. I would throw 2/10-20 out as sayonara. My squirrels are lying bastards

Hopefully March isn't a complete dud again...it was in 2000. So if that analog plays out, then we continue the March futility. I wonder if we play out more like '98-'99 except the wintry period in Jan is 2 weeks later than that year. It also had a decent March.

Hopefully March isn't a complete dud again...it was in 2000. So if that analog plays out, then we continue the March futility. I wonder if we play out more like '98-'99 except the wintry period in Jan is 2 weeks later than that year. It also had a decent March.

Touche. That is actually the year that I meant to reference, not '99-'00.

That March was nice...several events. Remember the oes event that year.....probably the most widespread in my memory.

Archived