• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Next week's major storm and beyond

OKpowdah

We're weenies. If it shows a 384 hour coastal with 2 inches QPF and -6 H85s we take it to the bank. When the H85 0 line bisects the cp as the op shows now at 384, we discard it and wait for the ensembles. Don't you know the rules?

No no..lol I don't mean that. What I meant, was that verbatim it was meager with QPF after day 10, but with the truncation..I wouldn't expect it to show what really would fall. JMHO.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's 6+ on an op run. I'd wait for now.

LOL, next week's cutter?

We are done with snow for another 10+ days.

Thanks to everyone who laughed at my post this morning about watching this system for wintry precipitation.. the gfs is exactly what I was talking about. Get this low a little east under NE, let the Arctic high push this east and were in business.

Lets see what the "jester" has to say at 1:00

Thanks to everyone who laughed at my post this morning about watching this system for wintry precipitation.. the gfs is exactly what I was talking about. Get this low a little east under NE, let the Arctic high push this east and were in business.

Lets see what the "jester" has to say at 1:00

Judging by how strong of a system this appears to be I would not be surprised to be a massive dry slot with this system...could set up right around MHT too given these low tracks.

I would feel much more comfortable if someone is able to squeeze out a snowstorm next week before a rather tenuous pattern.

If you look at the GEFS height anomalies the SE ridge is demolished for the day 11-15 period and likely beyond. Seems like a good thing at first, right? I think that argues for suppression and major fail on this pattern.

If we can develop a solid gradient looking pattern then I think we could luck out but I don't think it's a lock.

I would feel much more comfortable if someone is able to squeeze out a snowstorm next week before a rather tenuous pattern.

If you look at the GEFS height anomalies the SE ridge is demolished for the day 11-15 period and likely beyond. Seems like a good thing at first, right? I think that argues for suppression and major fail on this pattern.

If we can develop a solid gradient looking pattern then I think we could luck out but I don't think it's a lock.

Yeah, that's the thing... the SE Ridge - to an extent - helps keep the GOM open for business...

I'm much happier with snow before a cold pattern anyway because it makes the cold weather more fun/worthwhile.

The GEFS has been way too quick all "winter" season to demolish the SE ridge. I think the -EPO/-PNA pattern coupled with La Nina would argue for some type of SE ridge. It might not be there right at day 8-10, but overall I think it would be.

The GEFS has been way too quick all "winter" season to demolish the SE ridge. I think the -EPO/-PNA pattern coupled with La Nina would argue for some type of SE ridge. It might not be there right at day 8-10, but overall I think it would be.

Except we haven't seen a La Nina like pattern all year... why now?

Wouldn't that be terrible. SE ridge kills us pushing storms north (with the help of no blocking in the NATL), but then gets squashed, but still kills us with suppression city.

That would suck. Let's see how this evolves over the next week. Obviously widely differing solutions still in play here.

Not so sure you can point a finger at suppression being the limiting factor. Too early to determine that. Subtle changes in the states of the PNA and NAO domains, and the evolution of shortwaves involved, will dictate how any storms play out.

Not so sure you can point a finger at suppression being the limiting factor. Too early to determine that. Subtle changes in the states of the PNA and NAO domains, and the evolution of shortwaves involved, will dictate how any storms play out.

I'm just saying that once we flip to a colder pattern snow is not a lock.

I don't think suppression is the likely outcome in the long run... but at least after the rainstorm I think we are in a relatively quiet pattern. I'd rather run on the line with a strong 93-94-esque gradient pattern. That is not showing up in the 12z GEFS.

HPC must be having a good look at this data cuz their discussion is later than usual. Glad to hear GEFS are tanking the NAO...that is a big step. But we do need some SE Ridge...most years it doesn't completely disappear and an EPO ridge would argue for a SE Ridge no?

AO not NAO. Either way it's certainly better than the crap we've had.

Archived