• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Dec 24-28 winter weather period

Ji

unlike the Dec 7 event which turned out to be all Rain even with the models showing a bit of snow at the end....I have lowered my expectations for this event from the beginning so i am expecting rain but hopeful for snow. Last event...i was expecting snow and hoping it wouldnt be mostly rain

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

unlike the Dec 7 event which turned out to be all Rain even with the models showing a bit of snow at the end....I have lowered my expectations for this event from the beginning so i am expecting rain but hopeful for snow. Last event...i was expecting snow and hoping it wouldnt be mostly rain

posted for bumping purposes

Yeah. Seemed to be setting the stage and then nothing happens.

The GFS lets the northern stream overwhelm the weaker southern stream. Look at the steady progression of shortwaves across Canada which initially push the surface high off the coast and then keep the pressures in Canada low. That's a nasty look. You suppress the euro storm and then let the postive wpo and epo start flooding canada and the northern plains with warm air.

GFS ditched the idea of 2 lows at least. Low passes over midlo's house and off the coast of friday. Just no darn cold air. 850 0c all the way up in northern PA.

I find it odd that the gfs also ditched the idea of another low forming down south after the first one clears out on Sat. I mean nothing at all? Seems possible but kinda strange either way.

The GFS lets the northern stream overwhelm the weaker southern stream. Look at the steady progression of shortwaves across Canada which initially push the surface high off the coast and then keep the pressures in Canada low. That's a nasty look. You suppress the euro storm and then let the postive wpo and epo start flooding canada and the northern plains with warm air.

Euro is the same..the entire CONUS is an oven after Christmas through the end of the run....

I hope you're right because the run is a total bummer so far. Not only does it pull the rug on the second system, the pattern next week looks absolutely hideous. Dry cold front in the Wed timeframe and alot of above normal temps before it.

well it's probably right on the hideousness but not the storm. tho maybe both. ;)

I'm loving the idea of heading to SC tomorrow. Highs around 70 with partly cloudy skies through Christmas Eve, then a cooldown with some potential rain a day or two over the time period. Fishing and golf. Love it.

The pattern sucks for snow here, so I'm joyfully embracing my inner snowbird.

Archived