Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Dec 24-28 winter weather period

Ji

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HM was pretty bullish on the January 10th period as were some others....Not sure that is still a tenable period though still 3 weeks away

That time period fit the earlier D+11 analogs. I haven't looked closely at them lately. Too much other stuff to do like writing cards. I don't like the pattern I see for early Jan but as you say it's really early to make definitive calls.

these go back to 89..so not helpful for most of the 80s.....gymengineer has a bunch of newspaper articles....but I don't really know of anything that summarizes those winters other than memory and data and the KU book

http://www.nws.noaa....index2011.shtml

Thanks!

It is interesting that the ones that have precip with the storm are rainstorms. I think they illustrate how crappy and thread the needle the pattern is.

Yup. Just not enough cold air around to make this an easy snowfall, even with a weak/surpressed system.

euro out to 42

Euro! Euro! Euro!!

Nah. You set yourself up. I hope other posts are removed, and/or put in their proper locations too other than just mine.

wasnt talking about that really.. just in general. they're all down on the storm while we're all weenieing it up etc. i brought your post back--didnt remove it. but we've got play by play to do so we should probably stop. ;)

pretty much every GFS ensemble member has the MJO stalling in phase 5 for another 2 weeks or longer....

If we can't get that thing to crank back up and start moving to the favorable phases then it will be a long winter indeed regardless of what the immediate chances are.

you've noticed that pattern this year too, ehh?

5 days out in a bad pattern.. not sure why we're even talking snow lines etc. that stuff has been frowned upon by many in the past. i guess people are getting desperate. it's gonna rain.. at least it looks worse up north too i guess.

Archived