• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Thursday Wintry Threat

CT Rain

So do people in interior MA at 1,000 feet. Doesn't mean I should wish we don't get snow in favor of N VT...unless you can convince me otherwise.

Its a fruitless argument.

Right. That's why its stupid to say 'one region loves snow this much' because if youre in a microthermal climate, you're going to have snow 6months out of the year and many will learn to like it. Just stupid to 'root against' someone because everybody does it. Most people who are on here want snow, and unless they beneift from some other area getting it instead. They don't give 2 sheeets.

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amen. I will never fall of the "Morals" snow guilt. Garbage.

I hope everyone does well...but if its him or me, I will choose me.

At least you guys are honest. Most people on here feel the same way.

I generally could care less about <5" of snow. It's nice to see only if it's convenient for me lo..

who cares anyway? None of us can affect the weather regardless of our personal feelings.

Which is exactly why I tend to hate all of the "I hope so and so gets no snow" posts on here. Most of it tonight is tongue-in-cheek, but in general it's just a waste of space on the server.

I like all areas to get in on some fun because it's good business for the forum.

who cares anyway? None of us can affect the weather regardless of our personal feelings.

I don't care...that is my point. And you illustrated it well. I or you or anyone else outside of some divine intervention cannot control the weather. So there is no use in trying to pretend we can. We will root for our own interests. But a good objective forecaster will also not wishcast...which is a lot harder than it sounds to most. You probably know. Its easy to want to forecast the weather you want most....but you have to separate yourself from that. I've been guilty of it in the past and I'm sure I will be again...I'm not naive enough to think I wont be....but you try to get better and better about it.

I also won't feel "bad" if I get 24" and powderfreak gets 0 just like I guarantee he will not feel bad if he gets 2 feet and I get nothing and I'm sure he will post away with nary a mention of ORH missing out.

I agree...but if it's him or nobody...I don't root for whiff (attention kgay).

I have to say... but I do sometimes wish for KTOL screw zones. Or at least KGAY > KTOL.

As for this storm... since I really don't have a chance of getting anything decent (i.e. a real storm) I'd rather it just get the ski areas since I'll be up there.

Which is exactly why I tend to hate all of the "I hope so and so gets no snow" posts on here. Most of it tonight is tongue-in-cheek, but in general it's just a waste of space on the server.

I like all areas to get in on some fun because it's good business for the forum.

I bet that deep down, you would prefer the snow of a lifetime for you and only you vs spreading it out and having a somewhat lesser total. Your screen name is dendrite and I dont suppose you're a neurologist.

I don't care...that is my point. And you illustrated it well. I or you or anyone else outside of some divine intervention cannot control the weather. So there is no use in trying to pretend we can. We will root for our own interests. But a good objective forecaster will also not wishcast...which is a lot harder than it sounds to most. You probably know. Its easy to want to forecast the weather you want most....but you have to separate yourself from that. I've been guilty of it in the past and I'm sure I will be again...I'm not naive enough to think I wont be....but you try to get better and better about it.

I also won't feel "bad" if I get 24" and powderfreak gets 0 just like I guarantee he will not feel bad if he gets 2 feet and I get nothing and I'm sure he will post away with nary a mention of ORH missing out.

well i'll admit to being intrigued by some of the GEFS members at 18z, and I've obviously been hoping for this thing to come west...and that could still happen I guess given the convoluted set-up, but the 00z is disappointing. I'll have to take my chances with lake-effect on Friday but even that doesn't look great...cold with no snow...awesome lol

RE: snow....

I love all snow and all different shapes and sizes of snow events. I like the nuances of winter storms even if it is 3 inches and tracking a snow/ice line etc.... By now I have seen a tons of huge KU type storms and it is very possible I won't ever top the biggest so I don't live for huge storms.. Obviously I don't complain if they happen.

I bet that deep down, you would prefer the snow of a lifetime for you and only you vs spreading it out and having a somewhat lesser total. Your screen name is dendrite and I dont suppose you're a neurologist.

If the ECM stays flat and OTS maybe I'd believe the GFS. But my goodness how many times has this model (the GFS) lost storm threats around this time frame....

So I await the ECM because sometimes the NAM foreshadows what the former will show.....

well i'll admit to being intrigued by some of the GEFS members at 18z, and I've obviously been hoping for this thing to come west...and that could still happen I guess given the convoluted set-up, but the 00z is disappointing. I'll have to take my chances with lake-effect on Friday but even that doesn't look great...cold with no snow...awesome lol

RE: weenie....

I love all weenies and all different shapes and sizes of weenie events. I like the nuances of a weenie even if it is 3 inches and tracking an innie.... By now I have seen a tons of huge long shlongs and it is very possible I won't ever top the biggest so I don't live for huge dongs.. Obviously I don't complain if i happen upon one.

:facepalm:

Time for bed

There is no reason for anyone on here to pretend others get more snow....this board is made up of snow narcissists....well that might be extreme, but more or less is accurate. We have a guy in skiMRG who thinks he is God's gift to earth because he lives at 1400 feet on the east slopes and gets more snow than weathafella and uses that against you in posts saying "sorry you live in a tropical climate"....that is the definition of a sick person...but then we all do it eventually. You eventually call some person like Ji a weirdo for wishing for 23" of snow when you would say that is a nightmare winter for Boston. Or say something like "Thankfully we don't live in DC". That is the same exact narcissist attitude we all have. We all are glad we don't average 20-30" per year.

We all do it eventually, even when we try not to. Some people just do it more readily than others. But that is what makes up ne.weather and what makes up WWBB, and what makes up eastern and what now makes up Americanwx....we all have that same disease whether its hiding inside or whether it gets frothed out more readily. We have that common ground.

In the end we all care about our backyard which is why we have subforums or all post in the same thread. We all live relatively close by so we are all wishing for snow in New England....we don't care if Ji gets screwed....how many condolence threads did we have for Ji in 2007-2008? or 2008-2009 or last year? None...or almost none unless I missed one. He is a longtime poster on this board, but we didn't care when we were getting smoked. Its all about our snow...and we shouldn't pretend otherwise. As cold as that sounds which I think it does.

There is no reason for anyone on here to pretend others get more snow....this board is made up of snow narcissists....well that might be extreme, but more or less is accurate. We have a guy in skiMRG who thinks he is God's gift to earth because he lives at 1400 feet on the east slopes and gets more snow than weathafella and uses that against you in posts saying "sorry you live in a tropical climate"....that is the definition of a sick person...but then we all do it eventually. You eventually call some person like Ji a weirdo for wishing for 23" of snow when you would say that is a nightmare winter for Boston. Or say something like "Thankfully we don't live in DC". That is the same exact narcissist attitude we all have. We all are glad we don't average 20-30" per year.

We all do it eventually, even when we try not to. Some people just do it more readily than others. But that is what makes up ne.weather and what makes up WWBB, and what makes up eastern and what now makes up Americanwx....we all have that same disease whether its hiding inside or whether it gets frothed out more readily. We have that common ground.

In the end we all care about our backyard which is why we have subforums or all post in the same thread. We all live relatively close by so we are all wishing for snow in New England....we don't care if Ji gets screwed....how many condolence threads did we have for Ji in 2007-2008? or 2008-2009 or last year? None...or almost none unless I missed one. He is a longtime poster on this board, but we didn't care when we were getting smoked. Its all about our snow...and we shouldn't pretend otherwise. As cold as that sounds which I think it does.

:lol:

Well put.....calling a spade a spade.

Man, who cares about snow. How about this being a "weather" forum? No - I guess it is a "snow" forum. If snow could occur without Meteorology, I get the feeling none of this would exist. Holy Moses is this thread revealing.

Hm, this last year has seen tornadoes, tropical storms, and record heat waves. I suppose this has been an exceptional year of diversified natural threats, but over decades, since snow is the primary threat vehicle up in New England the collective voice has come accustomed - thus biased - toward that entertainment ride.

Okay. It is what it is. I'm more of a pure scientist in the matter. I like a good snow storm, sure. But I don't digress immediately into snow talk at least excuse imaginable either. You guys crack me up!

I'll see what I can do seeing as I can summon the weather ...ah, types... Muah hahahahahhaha. :)

It is crazy how getting it in "MBY" is much more rewarding. I used to think (for 30+ years LOL) when I lived in the Mid HV ....it just wouldn't be the same if I didn't get the snow "right here". So anyway I moved 50 miles NNW and now this is MBY and you want it here and get very pissed off if the R/S line is slightly north or west.

It's always fun if you are the guy that gets the most and can crow about it a bit. But Pete diabolically beats me (despite latitude challenges) most of the time anyway so I don't get the pleasure too much. :)

Great right up! You guys from the NE sub forum crack me up! I am from the SE forum. I live at 3500 feet WOOO in the mountains of North Carolina! I agree with we all want our own snow. We have seen no accu snow yet but have had it snow three times already with our lowest low of 15 degrees so far. I agree this pattern sucks and really the whole month does. But there is a lot of humor on this board and that's cool but figured i would say hello pretty new poster and keep up the good work guys yall have taut me a lot!

Man, who cares about snow. How about this being a "weather" forum? No - I guess it is a "snow" forum. If snow could occur without Meteorology, I get the feeling none of this would exist. Holy Moses is this thread revealing.

Hm, this last year has seen tornadoes, tropical storms, and record heat waves. I suppose this has been an exceptional year of diversified natural threats, but over decades, since snow is the primary threat vehicle up in New England the collective voice has come accustomed - thus biased - toward that entertainment ride.

Okay. It is what it is. I'm more of a pure scientist in the matter. I like a good snow storm, sure. But I don't digress immediately into snow talk at least excuse imaginable either. You guys crack me up!

I'll see what I can do seeing as I can summon the weather ...ah, types... Muah hahahahahhaha. :)

The only interesting weather that has occured in Wilmington, MA for the last 20 years has been snow.

-Sorry, dude.

That's pretty cool to live at 3500 feet. :thumbsup: I used to fantasize about living at like 3500' in the Catskills ...buying a mountain summit. :santa: Up here 3500' would be like living in a sub arctic climate in the winter.....

Great right up! You guys from the NE sub forum crack me up! I am from the SE forum. I live at 3500 feet WOOO in the mountains of North Carolina! I agree with we all want our own snow. We have seen no accu snow yet but have had it snow three times already with our lowest low of 15 degrees so far. I agree this pattern sucks and really the whole month does. But there is a lot of humor on this board and that's cool but figured i would say hello pretty new poster and keep up the good work guys yall have taut me a lot!

Thanks for the comp. I don't think it is untrue which is why I wrote it. We all love snow. I think something gets lost in all of it though...we all love the chase of snow and the board population has grown so much that now we have posters telling others they are pathetic because they average less snow. That is embarrassing when it comes to the scientific community which is what meteorology should be about.

I know this isn't all about science...its mostly about snow...but it still should be about snow for everyone and not some sort of pissing contest about snow unless its in a slightly ribbing nature like we do to Kevin sometimes....but I could honestly move out to my Aunt's house in Alpine Meadows ski resort near Lake Tahoe and tell people how pathetic they are because I am getting 556" of snow that winter. It adds nothing. It only tells everyone what a narcissist I am about frozen water.

Severe storms in the NE (rare 100 year Mass tornado outbreak excepted) just doesn't cut it for excitement. Plus the thrill is so short lived...what do get a 20 minute severe storm? Snow storms are beautiful and you are in it for 12, 24 hours. It's just a beautiful all encompassing wx experience.

The only interesting weather that has occured in Wilmington, MA for the last 20 years has been snow.

-Sorry, dude.

Archived