northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Thursday Wintry Threat

CT Rain

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet that deep down, you would prefer the snow of a lifetime for you and only you vs spreading it out and having a somewhat lesser total. Your screen name is dendrite and I dont suppose you're a neurologist.

Not entirely true. dendrite is my name because I love the microphysics of snowflakes. A 14F fluffy norlun with 4" of pixie dust dendrites gives me a similar feeling as 10" of mutilated 9:1 snow grains from a SWFE. I'm honestly all about sharing the wealth, but I'll admit it pains me to see my ground bare no matter how much snow I've received already. Keep my ground solidly white and I don't care how much more everyone receives than me...even torchylibations and DC.

Not entirely true. dendrite is my name because I love the microphysics of snowflakes. A 14F fluffy norlun with 4" of pixie dust dendrites gives me a similar feeling as 10" of mutilated 9:1 snow grains from a SWFE. I'm honestly all about sharing the wealth, but I'll admit it pains me to see my ground bare no matter how much snow I've received already. Keep my ground solidly white and I don't care how much more everyone receives than me...even torchylibations and DC.

yeah i think this is similar to my sentiment on the matter

I agree with that. If I have a foot of snow on the ground and get 6 inches in a storm while someone to the north or south gets a foot....fine by me.

I don't give a flip if powderfreak gets 9" of powder..they can make 39" of powder with their snow guns if they get whiffed....I'm sorry for the glades folks...but I don't care. They don't care if we get 10" of cement either. Its mutual.

We'll hope we can cash in.

Man such hatred for the mountains. Do you feel the same if SE MA gets 10" and you get whiffed? I honestly like tracking snowstorms and reading the obs threads... of course I want snow but it'll come eventually. I just don't get why there's so much anti-love for the mountains getting snow, I don't think I've been hating on anyone in SNE getting snow haha.

Man such hatred for the mountains. Do you feel the same if SE MA gets 10" and you get whiffed? I honestly like tracking snowstorms and reading the obs threads... of course I want snow but it'll come eventually. I just don't get why there's so much anti-love for the mountains getting snow, I don't think I've been hating on anyone in SNE getting snow haha.

He had violent hatred for South Weymouth during '93/'94...lol.

I think all many were saying is want snow in our by first and other by secondarily.

blown snow is useless to me.. would rather ski on rocks and stumps with a ****ty pair of skis

I'm the same way... I want to be accessing the backcountry off the lift system, not skiing some man-made stuff (though it works in a pinch). Its like being a drug addict (or at least how I would imagine it is like, lol)... you want the pure stuff but if you can't have it, you settle for some crap until your luck changes.

Anyway, some good discussion last night folks. Way to alienate SNE from NNE and stop regional wars. Especially coming from moderaters, lol. This pattern needs to change.

I think all many were saying is want snow in our by first and other by secondarily.

Of course but there really aren't any models showing snow up here anyway except for some amped up ensembles. People are now having such fear of interior areas getting snow when there's not even any support for it. It just seems quite childish. I could see if every model was showing a ALB-BTV jackpot but SNE still has a much better shot than NNE (at least thats what it looks like to me) and all the sudden we get mud slinging overnight over nothing really.

I hope you guys get snow. Those threads and obs are the best when everyone is happy but its only early December and we are starting this backyard war crap.

There is no reason for anyone on here to pretend others get more snow....this board is made up of snow narcissists....well that might be extreme, but more or less is accurate. We have a guy in skiMRG who thinks he is God's gift to earth because he lives at 1400 feet on the east slopes and gets more snow than weathafella and uses that against you in posts saying "sorry you live in a tropical climate"....that is the definition of a sick person...but then we all do it eventually. You eventually call some person like Ji a weirdo for wishing for 23" of snow when you would say that is a nightmare winter for Boston. Or say something like "Thankfully we don't live in DC". That is the same exact narcissist attitude we all have. We all are glad we don't average 20-30" per year.

We all do it eventually, even when we try not to. Some people just do it more readily than others. But that is what makes up ne.weather and what makes up WWBB, and what makes up eastern and what now makes up Americanwx....we all have that same disease whether its hiding inside or whether it gets frothed out more readily. We have that common ground.

In the end we all care about our backyard which is why we have subforums or all post in the same thread. We all live relatively close by so we are all wishing for snow in New England....we don't care if Ji gets screwed....how many condolence threads did we have for Ji in 2007-2008? or 2008-2009 or last year? None...or almost none unless I missed one. He is a longtime poster on this board, but we didn't care when we were getting smoked. Its all about our snow...and we shouldn't pretend otherwise. As cold as that sounds which I think it does.

I really hope you are kidding. It's called jocular humor Will. I love snow. I live in a remote place specifically to enjoy snow. I have to drive 30 minutes to get to a grocery store or a hospital because I ;love snow. When I vacation I go to Alaska because I love snow. You guys tease me relentlessly about living in the sticks. It's cool. I think it's funny. Don't get all hurtyhurtz because I tease you guys about living in a tropical climate.It's a joke. I do not equate a person's worth with how much snow they get. I enjoy nearly every poster here for the contributions they make. We are a dynamic bunch and I value everyone's voice, Calling me a sick person is over the top.Perhaps you were drinking. I really don't care if you see another flake or you get record snow. I only care about the snow that falls from here to MRG and points in between. I hope everybody gets snow but I won't feel bad for a second if, as often happens, I score big and the CP mixes to rain. I'm honest about it. Twice on Sunday you insulted me. You owe me a cup of tea at Funky Murphy's the way I see it.

Welcome to my nightmare. "Don't hate me because my snow is beautiful".lol

I really hope you are kidding. It's called jocular humor Will. I love snow. I live in a remote place specifically to enjoy snow. I have to drive 30 minutes to get to a grocery store or a hospital because I ;love snow. When I vacation I go to Alaska because I love snow. You guys tease me relentlessly about living in the sticks. It's cool. I think it's funny. Don't get all hurtyhurtz because I tease you guys about living in a tropical climate.It's a joke. I do not equate a person's worth with how much snow they get. I enjoy nearly every poster here for the contributions they make. We are a dynamic bunch and I value everyone's voice, Calling me a sick person is over the top.Perhaps you were drinking. I really don't care if you see another flake or you get record snow. I only care about the snow that falls from here to MRG and points in between. I hope everybody gets snow but I won't feel bad for a second if, as often happens, I score big and the CP mixes to rain. I'm honest about it. Twice on Sunday you insulted me. You owe me a cup of tea at Funky Murphy's the way I see it.

A fight brews in the storm thread. Better get a mod--oh, wait, we have one in the fight. :)

To the possible storm though, Pete. The way this looks/feels right now is that the higher els of Northern ORH county are positioned best for this. I think we in GC (me more than you since you've got a little southern latitude workign in your favor) will be on the outside looking in. Of course, I said that on October 26, too.

Some of those posts last night were rare displays from some posters. But even I am differing from you Pete in that while I want to get snow (snow in a ski town makes for a fun atmosphere), I do not wish others to miss out on snow. I'm less happy if I don't get any, but I still wouldn't wish a whiff just if I can't get it. That's the emotion that reeks of jealousy and makes this board a worse place. As I've been saying, I like when someone gets snow because then this forum is at least seeing some posts and its fun to talk about winter weather. Very similar to what Dendrite was saying.

Archived