northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Thursday Wintry Threat

CT Rain

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

euro certainly looks like it would dial up a swath of 1-3...maybe 4" for some of the interior

Lock it in. It did look nice for the elevated interior. Tolland and ORH might be just far enough inland and just high enough to thread that needle of cold air and meaningful precip.

I noticed the GGEM doesn't even have a storm, its just like a front moves through with no fanfare at all. Quite a bit of variability for something only 72-84 hours out.

Very brief window of opportunity here. It does have maybe a 1-3 hr period of possible SN for BOS and maybe a 4-5hr window for the interior...like ORH area.

A majority of the precip has fallen before things are cold enough in eastern areas. I wish the lower level temp data was available for the ec. Im not sure how thick the low level >0C air is.

That sounds about right for ORH...I think verbatim that would be at least some accumulating snow. I still would lean away from much meaningful happening but we'll see.

A majority of the precip has fallen before things are cold enough in eastern areas. I wish the lower level temp data was available for the ec. Im not sure how thick the low level >0C air is.

That sounds about right for ORH...I think verbatim that would be at least some accumulating snow. I still would lean away from much meaningful happening but we'll see.

It only gets cold enough it seems at the last second for BOS. It would probably be like a 34F wet snow if it did flip. Maybe for an hour or two if lucky.

euro certainly looks like it would dial up a swath of 1-3...maybe 4" for some of the interior

On it's own being that amplified aside of Crazy Uncle. NAM looks to be backing down at 6z. I'll take some interest this evening, just too far away to care much in this pattern.

As far as everything else last night goes; it's part of the process when so much is said in so many directions.

I could care less who gets snow. It's all weather to me and I don't look down on others if they don't get the same weather I do. The constant back and forth is tiresome but most tiresome are the ridiculous statements often made.

I'm just glad we don't have a poster from Mt. Washington on here. If we did we'd be listening to how the rest of us lowlanders don't get it and how winter was here for all but June thru August.

On it's own being that amplified aside of Crazy Uncle. NAM looks to be backing down at 6z. I'll take some interest this evening, just too far away to care much in this pattern.

As far as everything else last night goes; it's part of the process when so much is said in so many directions.

I could care less who gets snow. It's all weather to me and I don't look down on others if they don't get the same weather I do. The constant back and forth is tiresome but most tiresome are the ridiculous statements often made.

I'm just glad we don't have a poster from Mt. Washington on here. If we did we'd be listening to how the rest of us lowlanders don't get it and how winter was here for all but June thru August.

It is pretty clear that this pattern is frustrating a lot of folks on here and some i would not expect..

It is pretty clear that this pattern is frustrating a lot of folks on here and some i would not expect..

I think that's a sign IMO that people need to chill somewhat because it's probably indicative of others being just as torqued off. We all understand where one another lives we don't need to be reminded that the 4 guys manning Mt Washington are at 32 degrees while we were all 65.

There's a reason why the NFL has taunting penalties, nobody likes having a football spiked in their faces over and over and over.

Anyway, game time for the next model runs....

The inner child in many has been spoiled by a pretty decent stretch of good winters and now we're left feeling a bit empty because mother nature has given us a timeout.

The October surprise didn't help because it whet the appetite and now the atmospheric kitchen is slow to cook up the next wintery entrée. All the while the hunger pains grow stronger and the whines of disapproval grow louder.

I think that's a sign IMO that people need to chill somewhat because it's probably indicative of others being just as torqued off. We all understand where one another lives we don't need to be reminded that the 4 guys manning Mt Washington are at 32 degrees while we were all 65.

There's a reason why the NFL has taunting penalties, nobody likes having a football spiked in their faces over and over and over.

Or perhaps it's a sign that you don't know the difference between sarcastic banter and serious disorder. The day you tell me you're happier that I get a foot of snow while you get 4 inches vs vice versa is the day I set your pants on fire.

It only gets cold enough it seems at the last second for BOS. It would probably be like a 34F wet snow if it did flip. Maybe for an hour or two if lucky.

yeah i thought that might be the case. i've only got 850s and 925s to go with, add that with 6-hr precip progs and any dicey timing is hard to see. that was my first guess when i looked but didn't want to seem negative. :lol:

Or perhaps it's a sign that you don't know the difference between sarcastic banter and serious disorder. The day you tell me you're happier that I get a foot of snow while you get 4 inches vs vice versa is the day I set your pants on fire.

:lol: good one.

i don't know how much of last night was really sarcastic banter...some was, but there was definitely a level of truth being tossed around.

anyway, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter.

let's just get through this stretch of bad weather and hope that things take a turn for the better at some point down the road.

:lol: good one.

i don't know how much of last night was really sarcastic banter...some was, but there was definitely a level of truth being tossed around.

anyway, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter.

let's just get through this stretch of bad weather and hope that things take a turn for the better at some point down the road.

It's just that someone taking this supposed "high road" who is most nights in winter posting at 2 AM during the week may be lliving in a very fragile glass house regarding other people's obsessions....lol...

It's just that someone taking this supposed "high road" who is most nights in winter posting at 2 AM during the week may be lliving in a very fragile glass house regarding other people's obsessions....lol...

i think most of the regulars here know where everyone stands on everything...and recognize who reacts what way, when, why etc. except hubbdave - he has like 13K posts but i can't tell with him. he never has an FU tone. :lol:

i do think the current pattern is grinding on some people - probably everyone to some degree. it's bound to happen though when people are passionate about something.

it's not a whole lot different than being a Jets fan. imagine living down in NYC and loving the J-E-T-S...dealing with decades of failure, and now having to listen to Sexy Rexy and his empty promises...and then you have the Pats up here...continually dominating, winning year-in-year-out...showing the rest of the NFL how to be a model franchise. It's a similar situation to snow and no-snow.

i think most of the regulars here know where everyone stands on everything...and recognize who reacts what way, when, why etc. except hubbdave - he has like 13K posts but i can't tell with him. he never has an FU tone. :lol:

i do think the current pattern is grinding on some people - probably everyone to some degree. it's bound to happen though when people are passionate about something.

it's not a whole lot different than being a Jets fan. imagine living down in NYC and loving the J-E-T-S...dealing with decades of failure, and now having to listen to Sexy Rexy and his empty promises...and then you have the Pats up here...continually dominating, winning year-in-year-out...showing the rest of the NFL how to be a model franchise. It's a similar situation to snow and no-snow.

lol...

Best season ever keeps rolling along. Endless, almost.

LOL, good analogy.

Woah.  I just finished reading through some of the overnight posts in here.

. . . My professional summary:  We all need a good drink or two this weekend with friends, and let the weather be what it will be.

:drunk:

(But if I don't get any snow soon, I will probably cry buckets)

I guess I read it all wrong, seemed tongue in cheek, sarcastic with a little humor to me. Like Phil said we all know each other very well and understand that we are idiots with an extreme passion for weather. Some folks do not quite understand the dynamic which of course leads to comments and moderation from folks outside the region. I am at the point in my life and I know Jerry will disagree, where whatever happens happens. I would take a 16-18, 05 if Phil gets 30 or a 3 inch if Will gets 24. I know our region, this stuff happens. The ball busting and camaraderie is all part of why we post here. We garner knowledge but also sit around the campfire busting balls. I would not want it any other way.

Haha, yeah this has been an awful pattern. I've been tauting how anomalously warm its been up here and you know its bad when it can't even snow on the summits. Even MWN has been hurting so 6K feet wouldn't even help for some of these times, lol.

Archived