CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Thursday Wintry Threat

CT Rain

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just going with rain here... I think the most likely scenario is for this thing to cut over SNE and bring some snow to the mountains up north. I'm glad for them!!

You really think that? I don't know, I have a hard time seeing this come that far NW. For operations at the mountain I'm going with partly cloudy during that time period, haha.

You really think that? I don't know, I have a hard time seeing this come that far NW. For operations at the mountain I'm going with partly cloudy during that time period, haha.

It's possible. I don't think the thing really phases and amplifies much... but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw the track of this thing adjust some.

It's possible. I don't think the thing really phases and amplifies much... but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw the track of this thing adjust some.

Yeah I see what you mean... not a big bomb but more of a quick moving wave that tracks inland. The usual +NAO type deal. Either way it looks like a 6-9 hour quick hit with a very large rain area and very small wintery precip area on NW fringe. Even best case model runs for anyone do not show a lot of wintery precip with this low.

Yeah I see what you mean... not a big bomb but more of a quick moving wave that tracks inland. The usual +NAO type deal. Either way it looks like a 6-9 hour quick hit with a very large rain area and very small wintery precip area on NW fringe. Even best case model runs for anyone do not show a lot of wintery precip with this low.

Yeah exactly. The thing is going to eject NE and it is going to be steered based on how deep and where exactly the big midwest trough sets up. So there's not much wiggle room like when you see a phasing or strongly digging trough over the Great Lakes wrapping up a bomb.

Who knows the midwest/great lakes trough could come in even flatter and push the whole thing out to sea.

Best case scenario for you guys is to track the vort max right over SNE and get some nice precip back up into NNE. Not likely but possible.

Smoking cirrus here

GFS is in a perfect spot for us. Typical SE bias begins right now.

As I learned from Irene. The Euro Ensembles west of the Euro OP is always a red flag for this thing to come NW. Also its pretty good to see the NAM amped up. Its hard to go against the GFS ensembles and the Euro Ensembles showing a pretty decent event for NE.

First time since Snow-tober that I'm kind of excited for the 00z suite.

Archived