CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Thursday Wintry Threat

CT Rain

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Confidence growing for frozen p-type for this Met.

I was just studying the obs on the polarward side of the baroclinic axis running NE-SW through the western OV area. It appears the 500mb, 44dm thickness contour is about where the cold rains goes to glop. Much of SE lower Michigan into NW Ohio and NE Indiana are steady in light to moderate snow. This flashed over shortly after dark.

I am not certain whether that p-type was anticipated or not, but it is what it is. I believe similarly that tendency axis will translate east as said b-axis slips by. We end up in 540 to 545dm west to east across the area, and then what we will have that they don't in SE Lower MI is superior dynamics running over top with cyclogen typology to deal with.

The combination of these obs against the anticipated synoptic evolution is leading me to conclude that after a few sprinkles and noodles, a direct hit like the blend currently wants would then pound the area with gradually shrinking 'chutes.

Confidence growing for frozen p-type for this Met.

I was just studying the obs on the polarward side of the baroclinic axis running NE-SW through the western OV area. It appears the 500mb, 44dm thickness contour is about where the cold rains goes to glop. Much of SE lower Michigan into NW Ohio and NE Indiana are steady in light to moderate snow. This flashed over shortly after dark.

I am not certain whether that p-type was anticipated or not, but it is what it is. I believe similarly that will translate east as said axis slips by. We end up in 540 to 545dm west to east across the area, and then what we will have that they don't in SE Lower MI is superior dynamics.

The combination of these obs against the anticipated synoptic evolution is leading me to conclude that after a few sprinkles and noodles, a direct hit like the blend currently wants would then pound the area with gradually shrinking 'chutes.

They'll be some gradual shrinking 'chutes in eastern mass if it keeps moving west.

They'll be some gradual shrinking 'chutes in eastern mass if it keeps moving west.

LOL ...right... I don't think it can though. I'm thinking with the PV pressing SE and the vestigial ridge in the SE exerting NW, that will more than less zip this up along a proverbial railway.

Playing around with the NAM on twisterdata, you can see a nice unstable layer near the canal.

That layer from near 600mb to just below 500mb is unstable...you can tell by how it bends to the left meaning temperature decreasing quicker with height.

I noticed some theta-e folding in some of the time-height plots around the area at that time and layer.

Archived