e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Thursday Wintry Threat

CT Rain

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha I probably go to bed before all of you... I wake up not long after the EURO comes out on EWall. Tomorrow will be my 14th straight day of waking up at 3:45am, in Mountain Operations looking over weather and temp data by 5am.

You've got me beat. I'm a 5:00a.m. riser. But that's just so I can enjoy my coffee and read about the overnight models/commentary.

GEFS pretty juicy. Are the news outlets just playing wait and see? I've always hated when you see a potential like this, turn on the evening news and have them downplay this to a few mangled flakes. I think other weenies know what I'm talking about. :lol:

You must watch Ryan's forecasts... :lol:

I'm going to wait until 00Z suite to be sure, but I'm liking the looks of this for the Berks. NAM would imply a warning level event for the southern half of the area and at least an advisory level event for the northern half. As was the case with 10/29 and many other past events, I'm expecting a sharp cutoff on the NW flank. Could be one of those things where PSF gets a 6" event while ALB gets 1" or 2".

Ahh :) I feel like it will get up north enough to give me something, but the Berks will jackpot...been a very persistent track (means nothing I'm sure) since the beginning of last Winter.....

So often, I've been on the cusp. I've been able to eek out some decent ones. On one of these cusp events, I'm going have the 'oh so close' scenario. I'd feel better if I were a little further to the south.

Clown

Is the green six? I'm on the green/white line. Either way--better than this:

MAZ002-060900-

WESTERN FRANKLIN MA-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ASHFIELD...CHARLEMONT...COLRAIN...

SHELBURNE

416 PM EST MON DEC 5 2011

.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE MID 20S. NORTHWEST

WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH.

.THURSDAY AND THURSDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE UPPER

30S. LOWS IN THE MID 20S.

.FRIDAY AND FRIDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 30S.

LOWS IN THE LOWER 20S

:huh:

I'm going to wait until 00Z suite to be sure, but I'm liking the looks of this for the Berks. NAM would imply a warning level event for the southern half of the area and at least an advisory level event for the northern half. As was the case with 10/29 and many other past events, I'm expecting a sharp cutoff on the NW flank. Could be one of those things where PSF gets a 6" event while ALB gets 1" or 2".

I was going to ask you what your take on this was. Hoping to get snowcover back.

Some really amped up GEFS members.

Yes, a few of those members would imply a quick hitting death band for Berks and Monads. Could be fun, especially if low tracks inside the bench and more toward Cape Cod.

I was going to ask you what your take on this was. Hoping to get snowcover back.

I think you well. It should last a little longer this time. Even in a mild pattern, climo should keep it there for a while. Unless of course we get some big lakes cutter.

Yes, a few of those members would imply a quick hitting death band for Berks and Monads. Could be fun, especially if low tracks inside the bench and more toward Cape Cod.

I think you well. It should last a little longer this time. Even in a mild pattern, climo should keep it there for a while. Unless of course we get some big lakes cutter.

One of the reasons the easterners love us so much.lol Yes, I hope so. All of the trails here are clean and ready for more snow.

One of the reasons the easterners love us so much.lol Yes, I hope so. All of the trails here are clean and ready for more snow.

I wonder if it is possible for you to go a day on here without mentioning some sort of "easterners" or lower elevation snow climo.

I've just gone over most of the data for today as I was out most of today...we are definitely a lot closer to getting almost a perfect thread the needle track on the vortmax and strength.

Hey Will, I am out of the loop on this puppy, life is so busy right now, but what would you think for my area down here, I suppose my western location helps while being near LIS and the marine influence hurts.

I was thinking rain changing to snow, maybe a coating??

Hope all is well.

GEFS pretty juicy. Are the news outlets just playing wait and see? I've always hated when you see a potential like this, turn on the evening news and have them downplay this to a few mangled flakes. I think other weenies know what I'm talking about. :lol:

More than anything they worried about warm temps at the surface? Temps will be kind of eh.. I get what your saying I hate seeing a wintry threat and then boom local news downplays it. I would think at the most we see wet snow for many, some to the north and west could see something more. If everythings stays on track :snowman:

Oh nws has a rain snow mix imby, not bad I will take it at this point.

Archived