CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Thursday Wintry Threat

CT Rain

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was offended by your nomination. It's not that I'm overly optimistic, it's just that it snows a lot here. Take this threat for example, who in Massachusetts is more likely to get accumulating snow than The Berks?

I'm probably in an area the most 2nd likely to get snow in SNE outside of your area and I'm definitely not 2nd to your optimism...its all relative. If I had your optimism...no offense...I would have lost my credibility as a meteorologist on this board long before you even got here.

But I do admire your optimism...its a very good way to go about life in general...but we just can't do that in meteorology and still be considered skillful. Thankfully, you don't have to worry about that so you can be optimistic all the way.

See above post from Dendrite...it was more then a little north of the OP.

I'm still worried about a whiff for many. I think some of those GEFS members are too amped up.

Their resolution starts to hurt them at this range.

Those QPF amounts from the EC ens aren't necessarily all snow. I may have even included a little QPF from the fropa over SNE too. I think I looked at 84-132hr QPF or something.

I'm probably in an area the most 2nd likely to get snow in SNE outside of your area and I'm definitely not 2nd to your optimism...its all relative. If I had your optimism...no offense...I would have lost my credibility as a meteorologist on this board long before you even got here.

But I do admire your optimism...its a very good way to go about life in general...but we just can't do that in meteorology and still be considered skillful. Thankfully, you don't have to worry about that so you can be optimistic all the way.

Wait. Why do you assume I'm optimistic about this threat? I said a few days ago that I thought the push of cold would dampen the SE ridge, raise heights in the west a bit and provide a chance for some action. I wouldn't call that effusively optimistic. I do try, in all things, to have a positive attitude. That doesn't mean I don't see things as a realist. That's why I'm making the early call for 12-18" here on the East slope.

See above post from Dendrite...it was more then a little north of the OP.

I saw the post and commented that it was perfect for me....my point was\is that it's of no suprise that the ensembles were west because the OP was so deamplified.

I said nothing of how much farther west they were because quite franky I don't care to measure.

They'lll blow a lot of snow Friday and the weekend. Should be good to go by next week but they may wait until the following weekend.

The owner and Mountain Ops guys go by what you guys say on here a lot of the time. I'm a supervisor there over college break, so I have the in there to a certain degree.

First job I got when I turned 16 and now I'm going back for my 6th year :)

Don't take those maps so percisely....this is one of those cases in which "ice" is essentially a euphemistic manner of saying that the denoted area could be either rain or snow....not neccesarily ice per se.

That's what I figured...equal chances of rain vs. snow...but I think "mix" would be much better to use.

"ice" is misleading imo.

Don't take those maps so percisely....this is one of those cases in which "ice" is essentially a euphemistic manner of saying that the denoted area could be either rain or snow....not neccesarily ice per se.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Maybe "mix" should of been used instead, for the public's sake..lol

Damn. My room mate interned at NECN last semester and says him and Matt Noyes know their stuff when it comes to sniffing out h5 patterns for winter wx....hmmm

yeah Matt is my favorite he know his stuff. what i really like about him is his excitment about the weather. especially before and during winter storms! very accurate as well!

The dumbing down of wx forecasts.....

I go back to a time when you actually got a fairly detailed text forecasts from all outlets. Yes text actually appeared on a tv screen. Ok maybe they lacked graphics technology, but you got more detail then..... Now it's a bunch of smiley faced suns, maybe a scowling sun with a cloud over it, or a cloud with a few snow flakes and rain drops emitted. LOL

Archived