• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Thursday Wintry Threat

CT Rain

That's the big thing...even if it comes NW to a point where most of the region is into meaningful precip...we are left with one of these deals where we are trying to cool the column from a torched atmosphere and then quickly running waa back into it. Your left with a very small margin of error and probably a BL thats never able to get overly cold outside of the usual elevated distant interior.

Yup agreed. For most of us this will be nothing.

I almost want it to tick north for places who can cash in to be able to do so. The CP is out of the game so we might as well tuck this thing inland.

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you already know what the ulimate outcome will be.lol

Would it make you feel more confident if I falsely said "SkiMRG gets 6" and ORH gets an inch of slop and the rest of the CP gets nothing"? Its just not that simple. If it was then you would average 200" of snow per year and I would average 150" and BOS would average 100".

This is a longshot but I hope it works out.

It is better than nothing...that is certainly true.

If it's going to end up NW...hopefully ski country can cash in.

I guess even if it's a snow to rain for the interior...it's better than the chatter about how bad the pattern is. That's my take.

I'm mildly interested in this for the interior, but it's a stretch to use stronger wording than that I think.....at least right now.

Yup agreed. For most of us this will be nothing.

I almost want it to tick north for places who can cash in to be able to do so. The CP is out of the game so we might as well tuck this thing inland.

I know you want snow for the mountains so your VT trip isn't spent horseback riding or rock climbing. Lol

I'd be happy to see some light rain end as flurries. :lol:

I know you want snow for the mountains so your VT trip isn't spent horseback riding or rock climbing. Lol

I'd be happy to see some light rain end as flurries. :lol:

I would love a cement foot for J. Spin and powderfreak

TBH I would prefer that than 4 or 5" of slop for me

I would love a cement foot for J. Spin and powderfreak

TBH I would prefer that than 4 or 5" of slop for me

You are no fun. Ski country gets snow anyways..whether it is natural or man made. They'll live up there...who cares about the resorts. Besides...many people base going up there on how their back yard is doing. If the yard is covered in white..sometimes they are compelled to go, so let it snow.

I don't give a flip if powderfreak gets 9" of powder..they can make 39" of powder with their snow guns if they get whiffed....I'm sorry for the glades folks...but I don't care. They don't care if we get 10" of cement either. Its mutual.

We'll hope we can cash in.

You are no fun. Ski country gets snow anyways..whether it is natural or man made. They'll live up there...who cares about the resorts. Besides...many people base going up there on how their back yard is doing. If the yard is covered in white..sometimes they are compelled to go, so let it snow.

I don't give a flip if powderfreak gets 9" of powder..they can make 39" of powder with their snow guns if they get whiffed....I'm sorry for the glades folks...but I don't care. They don't care if we get 10" of cement either. Its mutual.

:lol:

Mine is a purely selfish reason because I'm going up there for a couple days on 12/26.

Either way I'm heading to NYC on Friday AM so really have no use for a couple inches of slop in MBY.

This pattern has gotten to you

And actually let me rephrase what I want from this storm... I hope areas like Boston and coastal areas get something after they were screwed on 10/29. I don't need it personally after that storm but I understand why others do.

Still... I'm pulling for a foot for powderfreak :snowman:

I think I have a soft spot for nne because I like going up there mid-winter and seeing everything just buried...per climo really. When there's bare ground up there its depressing...and the skiing sucks. I don't root for them over me...but if this region isn't in the game...better them than a whiff.

And actually let me rephrase what I want from this storm... I hope areas like Boston and coastal areas get something after they were screwed on 10/29. I don't need it personally after that storm but I understand why others do.

Still... I'm pulling for a foot for powderfreak :snowman:

That storm was such a freak of nature, that I'm totally fine with it. I would have been disappointed if it were January.

I think I have a soft spot for nne because I like going up there mid-winter and seeing everything just buried...per climo really. When there's bare ground up there its depressing...and the skiing sucks. I don't root for them over me...but if this region isn't in the game...better them than a whiff.

Agreed. I'd rather they get a 10" dump than MRG/ORH getting 3" of slush.

That storm was such a freak of nature, that I'm totally fine with it. I would have been disappointed if it were January.

Oh yeah. The fact it was just so bizarre in so many ways made it so memorable here. I'm totally content with a crappy month or two after really this entire year.

This pattern has gotten to you

No it hasn't. I understand this pattern...I'm just trying to defend the shots when I get pessimistic which is a rare thing. I got blasted in mid-November (and Scooter too) when we flipped the switch and said this would be really ugly through week 1 in December.

I'm a very big optimist...but I do understand the aura surrounding the snow/cold forecasts despite that. I felt this pattern stunk through early Dec and we had to deal with some backlash...and that will continue until it gets better...its getting better now but theres a shot this could be short lived. But at least we have some better cold and an outside snow threat.

But I'm just defending myself against the weenie attacks. They come in all shapes and sizes.

I don't. We are often on the same team anyway vs the Mid-Atlantic...but I couldn't care less if Stowe, VT gets whiffed 8 times in a row because they will blow 9 feet of snow when I get 20" of natural snow.

No it hasn't. I understand this pattern...I'm just trying to defend the shots when I get pessimistic which is a rare thing. I got blasted in mid-November (and Scooter too) when we flipped the switch and said this would be really ugly through week 1 in December.

I'm a very big optimist...but I do understand the aura surrounding the snow/cold forecasts despite that. I felt this pattern stunk through early Dec and we had to deal with some backlash...and that will continue until it gets better...its getting better now but theres a shot this could be short lived. But at least we have some better cold and an outside snow threat.

But I'm just defending myself against the weenie attacks. They come in all shapes and sizes.

LOL I'm joking. In Kevin's absence I feel like I need to post this idiotic line he loves to use.

Archived