12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December moving forward...pattern disco

weathafella

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is in my forecast, woot woot;Wednesday Night: Rain and snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 60%.Thursday: A chance of snow, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

GFS has a snowy day for us Thursday.

Forecast has things clearing out here by Thursday, but show a little snow on Wed night. Something to watch in any case.

It's much better to see enthusiastic posts like this instead of the doom and gloom that have been oh-so-prevalent of late.

Nice day in spite of having had to go to the Natick Mall. What a zoo.

33.2/21

Would the increased flow from the northern stream help to deflect the storm southward? Or would the vigorous s/w incoming from the midwest help amplify the trough and continue it northward?

Well we needed the northern stream to speed up to push that cold frontal passage through to even get us cold enough to snow. Then it comes down the southern stream and how much we can amplify the system. The GFS is dampening out the shortwave as it moves eastward and I'm not sure we can get this to be a blockbuster. Maybe a decent quick-hitting system for some though...the EC ens hinted at a light event as well.

Well we needed the northern stream to speed up to push that cold frontal passage through to even get us cold enough to snow. Then it comes down the southern stream and how much we can amplify the system. The GFS is dampening out the shortwave as it moves eastward and I'm not sure we can get this to be a blockbuster. Maybe a decent quick-hitting system for some though...the EC ens hinted at a light event as well.

Right. Looks pretty decent for interior SNE and maybe parts of CNE. Yeah, the s/w is definitely losing steam as it heads east and phasing doesn't look to occur until the system is well east of New England. Atleast the GFS put down the crack pipe.

Well we needed the northern stream to speed up to push that cold frontal passage through to even get us cold enough to snow. Then it comes down the southern stream and how much we can amplify the system. The GFS is dampening out the shortwave as it moves eastward and I'm not sure we can get this to be a blockbuster. anything man!...the EC ens hinted at a light event as well.

FYP

They're not as bad as previous runs.

I don't like the lack of ridging over GOA/N PAC though.

Yeah that part stinks.

Still is a lot of question marks with that. I think they'll be a milder period, but tough to tell if it's 1 day 2 days or 10 days. AO is locked in positve mode so kiss it goodbye. We will be at the mercy of every ebb and flow with that ridging and how far south the cold bleeds into the US. With that, you can see how every run could have a different solution in our back yard. A little dip here, a bump there..and the sensible wx outcome here is huge.

Yeah that part stinks.

Still is a lot of question marks with that. I think they'll be a milder period, but tough to tell if it's 1 day 2 days or 10 days. AO is locked in positve mode so kiss it goodbye. We will be at the mercy of every ebb and flow with that ridging and how far south the cold bleeds into the US. With that, you can see how every run could have a different solution in our back yard. A little dip here, a bump there..and the sensible wx outcome here is huge.

Yup, exactly. The GEFS are definitely better than Euro ensembles though lol.

Yeah that part stinks.

For the first time in recent memory, the meniton of a transitory milder period rather than a transitory colder one.

32.7/21

Archived