amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
December moving forward...pattern disco

weathafella

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think phased is going to be our friend this winter. Most of the time if a phase a occurs we get screwed. We want gradient events like the multiple wave situation. Hope it reverts back to that and the last one cant end as some snow.

That's all I'm really interested in for the next week...that and can some LES make it here. Beyond that who cares about the pattern beyond 10 days...it will do what it will do....

Not at all, But it just shows from run to run the GFS is having trouble with the cold and the placement of the ridge, The cold air looked like it was further SE into canada moving into the NE, And phases into 1 large storm instead of being strung out along the frontal boundry, Looking at last nights Euro, It has the storm but it was offshore heading NE of the benchmark, Take the middle road between the Euro and GFS and someone would be getting a decent snowstorm..

I don't think phased is going to be our friend this winter. Most of the time if a phase a occurs we get screwed. We want gradient events like the multiple wave situation. Hope it reverts back to that and the last one cant end as some snow.

That's all I'm really interested in for the next week...that and can some LES make it here. Beyond that who cares about the pattern beyond 10 days...it will do what it will do....

Not right now in this pattern, The Euro developed the low on the end of the front once it was well east of here

It's a weird track, so my money would be a little more east IF that verified. It's silly to comment though since we have solutions all over the place.

Yeah, From run to run, There has been big differences not just subtle ones, Especially if you compare 06z and 12z GFS, It seems to handling the cold to the north and the ridge to the SE differently

Just in general also...I think most phasing would equal cutters in this La Nina regime. Noreasters may be non-existent....unless you count a Miller B clipper that bombs off NE en route to NS... That could happen....

Not right now in this pattern, The Euro developed the low on the end of the front once it was well east of here

It's actually not truly phased... Not much cold air gets drawn into it. Which begs the question...why should it explosively deepen like that?..and over the cordillera to even. :)

Thats a pretty rapid intensification for being over land, You would expect that if it was over the gulf stream

Just in general also...I think most phasing would equal cutters in this La Nina regime. Noreasters may be non-existent....unless you count a Miller B clipper that bombs off NE en route to NS... That could happen....

Yeah, I think more Miller B types would be prevelant along with SWFE, This pattern does not look like it would yield to many Miller A's right now

It's a Catch 22. :grinch: The only reason cold air can bleed down ahead is because the energy holds back so far west. If that happens you get a low that winds up too far west for us ultimately.

What evolution do you think makes sense? With a high like that, would it be more like a snow->ice>rain?

I know its all speculation and could be all rain as well.

What evolution do you think makes sense? With a high like that, would it be more like a snow->ice>rain?

I know its all speculation and could be all rain as well.

Well I'm just speculating. It could be an inside runner if it really blows up like that. Usually the GFS loves to run lows right into NNE even in cold air damming situations so I figure it probably would not look like that, but if it is that strong..it very well could be mild...even if the low is a little more east.

Archived