Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
how long have you been on the "boards"?

BullCityWx

95 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you been actively reading/participating on the various boards

• I go back to the TWC Boards (Pre 2001)
    • I go back to the old WWBB (2001-early 2005)
    • I go back to Eastern(2005-2010)
    • This is my first board(11/2010-onward)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm an Accuweather transplant... When I stated seeing links to this board in the discussions on Accuweather I started reading A LOT on Eastern and not posting. After about 6-12 months of lurking I finally created an account on Eastern and then came over here once it became American wx. Perhaps add an option for other boards as a voting option. I've only been around Eastern/American for about two years but I've been posting on Accuweather since early 2008.

lurked in 04, joined Eastern in 05

I did the same :wub: I was on WU first, then opened a weather forum with another person, specifically for the SE region, then I found Eastern. My prayers were answered when I found it as it was finally a place where I didn't have to do so much research, forecasting or explaining and updating, and I could enjoy discussing and learning about the things that only ones with Met degrees/hard core enthusiast could explain. I found a new home with the best people and have learned so much more than I possibly could have imagined. :wub:

I have so many weather related memories from the board..

The warnings about Katrina before she made landfall

1/23/03 being the best positive bust in my life

Our subforum owning LC into submission in Dec 2005

The huge march snowstorm in 2009 that ended 4 years of snow drought in the lower/western piedmont

Last spring's severe season all across the nation

The huge march snowstorm in 2009 that ended 4 years of snow drought in the lower/western piedmont

All great memories :hug:

I remember posting when the power went out and stayed out for 3 days.

and you cant forget 1/23/03.

power never went out here, but it's memorable for the shear qpf. i had 7 inches of snow/sleet and .5 to .75 freezing rain on top. most of the freezing rain was with temps near 31/32. the QPF equivalent was probably over 2 inches easily. it was such a long and heavy duration event. don't care what anyone say's, nothing beats a good icestorm...(;

Lurked for a while during 2009 then joined that September for Eastern's last year before the switch in November 2010. I remember some of the greatest discussions over there (and went back to read those while they were still there). Wish I had saved a few of those topics. :( Some of them contained fantastic analyses of different events, especially those made for the winter seasons.

WWB 2001 for me.

These are all great memories -- I'll never see LC's name again without immediately thinking of the Dec. 2005 ice storm ownage.

Archived