• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
November 23 - Storm Threat

powderfreak

They looked good on the euro too...iirc it might have gotten touchy above 850. But yeah from them maybe up to Sunday River/ Rangeley and ENE through Bingham area look nice. Should avoid a DS for now, and maybe get into the backside band as this moves ENE.

All good stuff. I knew we should have held onto the Bethel place.

34.6/19

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They looked good on the euro too...iirc it might have gotten touchy above 850. But yeah from them maybe up to Sunday River/ Rangeley and ENE through Bingham area look nice. Should avoid a DS for now, and maybe get into the backside band as this moves ENE.

I like that line a lot.

I think IZG does well on the front end too, before any tainting aloft comes into play. A lot of the area may do well on the front end. I actually had to tweak southwestern New Hampshire totals down some because it was hitting the front end too hard.

I like that line a lot.

I think IZG does well on the front end too, before any tainting aloft comes into play. A lot of the area may do well on the front end. I actually had to tweak southwestern New Hampshire totals down some because it was hitting the front end too hard.

Always wanted to ask you. Were you born in RI?

I think I agree. Maybe the N. Conway-Tamworth area may be the SW extent of the heaviest axis. What's your feeling for here? Looks like I'm right on the sharp gradient...I could see 1-2" or 4-7" depending on how things break.

It's close. You are probably 20-30 miles from 1-2" or 4-7....lol. I suppose with the slight south tick in guidance, you could at least get a few inches..maybe 3-5 if things break right? However, you have to watch out for that last minute tick nw. This time of year still has some pretty warm air to play with, so that warm tongue near 800mb may get pretty far north and ruin the party. At least the s/w to our north is helping to push this south, which may help out that last minute tick nw. I would wait until 00z to gauge the trend, but you are on the line for a while on much of the guidance. a 20 mile tick south would do a lot. It could mean the difference between 2" and 6".

I like that line a lot.

Yeah big time front thumpage for sure. It may be a QPF bomb for a 6hr time.

This is a thump event. I would not be suprised if the rain snow line started further south than expected and then moved further north than expected. Maryland had one of these December 9th 2009. Started as snow with the strong lift on the front end. Eventually went over to rain and all of it melted.

Edit: Wow, new Nam really shows heavy Precip on the front end.

Archived