Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
November 23 - Storm Threat

powderfreak

Yay, a colder rain.

Its all just noise for us.

Yes indeed. Its not going to do much for anyone except pad seasonal snowfall stats even in areas that get advisory snows or better...its all going to get wiped out faster than fried chicken in the Red Sox clubhouse anyway by the upcoming torch.

That said, I'd never turn down the opportunity to get a few crappy inches on the front end, but we are too far south in this one.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It kind of reminds me as far as rain/snow line of that storm last year in late Feb, 2/25? 2/27? It had looked like all rain except for far NNE then in the last 2 days it trended south and ORH ended up getting 1" before the rain. There was a gradient in SNH where Nashua got like 3" of cement and areas like New Ipswich and more elevated areas got like 9-10". I don't really remember what the set-up was like for that one though.

This one will probably be about 20-40 miles north though.

It kind of reminds me as far as rain/snow line of that storm last year in late Feb, 2/25? 2/27? It had looked like all rain except for far NNE then in the last 2 days it trended south and ORH ended up getting 1" before the rain. There was a gradient in SNH where Nashua got like 3" of cement and areas like New Ipswich and more elevated areas got like 9-10". I don't really remember what the set-up was like for that one though.

2/24-25 I had like 2-3" on the front end and then hours of ZR. It was a big storm for NH/ME. This one will be north/warmer than that one most likely.

2/24-25 I had like 2-3" on the front end and then hours of ZR. It was a big storm for NH/ME. This one will be north/warmer than that one most likely.

Yeah that's the one. I was in southern NH for that one so I didn't remember what this area got. I remember driving 30-40 minutes the next day from Merrimack to New Ipswich and it was amazing how quick it went from 3" of slush to a solid 8-12" storm.

And yeah an in an edit to my last post I said that this one would probably be like 40 miles north most likely.

Maybe. But the high keeps trending stronger and many models are beating the colder scenario drum.

I'm always weary of those trends....yea, yea...12\16\07, but that was an anomaly.

The vast majority of the time we will see somewhat of a correction back to the nw within the final 24-36 hrs of go-time....we saw it last year in the night cap of that early Feb double header......in which some of the local mets were going for over 1' in the face of mid level centers flying west.

Laughable.

I'm always weary of those trends....yea, yea...12\16\07, but that was an anomaly.

The vast majority of the time we will see somewhat of a correction back to the nw within the final 24-36 hrs of go-time....we saw it last year in the night cap of that early Feb double header......in which some of the local mets were going for over 1' in the face of mid level centers flying west.

Laughable.

Not just that, but 20-24" for the two storms :lol:

Laughable.

If it does it will have to start @0z as we are close to that window right now..

Laughable.

Many of the models have the H7 low moving through SNE now near the NH/MA border. The Euro op/ens are fairly cold up here too now. It probably will bump back north a bit near verification time so I'll keep taking all of the south trends I can get.

Actually the current track of this low on the NAM would generally be very beneficial for snow from here east to let's say Nashua, NH. It's just the marginal nature of the temps and only being Nov. 22nd. We're at the point now where if you shaved 2C off the NAM at all levels we are getting snow here.

So still cold rain, but tantalizingly close.

Nevere seen anything like it....like the the love child of Henry H and Kevie Woody seiged every single media outlet.

Many of the models have the H7 low moving through SNE now near the NH/MA border. The Euro op/ens are fairly cold up here too now. It probably will bump back north a bit near verification time so I'll keep taking all of the south trends I can get.

Yea, I mean, maybe it trends enough where you can afford a n tick......if I were you, then I WOULD be interested, of course.

Don't get me wrong....

Actually the current track of this low on the NAM would generally be very beneficial for snow from here east to let's say Nashua, NH. It's just the marginal nature of the temps and only being Nov. 22nd. We're at the point now where if you shaved 2C off the NAM at all levels we are getting snow here.

So still cold rain, but tantalizingly close.

My post that you quoted was in reference to early Feb of 2011, not this event.

SREFs are still very bullish with the snow probs for C NH. Of course, if you do the math there's about a 20% chance of < 1" in this 12hr span too.

They are way south... yikes... this area over towards Rangley, ME doesn't get any measurable on like a third of those SREFs. That would be an interesting twist.

South trend ain't done yet folks.. As HPC said yesterday..with the strength and position of that high there was no way this was shooting NW like it did the last 2 days.. Soon we will be back at the Euro solution from late last week of a snowfall for SNE

It has quite a bit of work to do if thats the case, That cold air is only going to drain so far south

Archived