• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
November 23 - Storm Threat

powderfreak

I didn't even realize the 6z NAM was pretty good up this way... BTV was over 0.6" QPF as snow, but it warms up the low levels just enough to flip the valley over to a period of rain (0.2" worth) before going back to snow. That was the 6z and 12z looks even better... I bet thats snow start to finish even down to lake level. With 1.25-1.50" QPF that would be nice, but it is the NAM so that's probably more like 0.75-1.00" for those of us in reality.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah...looks like some of the euro and gfs runs from the weekend.

it would definitely be a cold day thursday per the nam - temps in the 30s/low 40s with howling winds at the coast.

We definitely want that s/w to dive on the backside of the trough and blow this guy up to the east. If nothing else, some flakes flying by with 40kt winds would be cool.

That's ok. :) I was forgetting this is just a general storm thread. Technically I'm not even in NE period, but unfortunately the Upstate side is 99% dead still. They only wake up when LES threatens. I think Upstate NY has about 6 million people so you'd think we'd be more active. SNE is just an incredible wx weenie hotbed per capita. It all started in '94 when Todd Gross started the ne.weather.....

I wish Todd Gross was still in the public eye. He was a good tv met (on air at least)

GFS would be pretty nice if it was about 3C colder across the board. But it's a close but no cigar run...lots of cold rain.

Normally you couldn't ask for much more here than popping a new low off N. NJ and taking it to the Cape....in the winer season that is.

1C to 3C 850 here the whole time through 54 hrs...

Ginx might have to hoist the SOS signal for a brief time Wednesday. It could pour.

GFS would be pretty nice if it was about 3C colder across the board. But it's a close but no cigar run...lots of cold rain.

...through the h48 maps I have seen.

It's also a torch with no cold on the backside. That's a problem we might have, but I'll wait to see the 12z euro, because it had a little more cold on the backside. GFS may be too warm.

Its getting close here, B's and Pats tonight, Good thing i have picture in a picture on the 50" Plasma....lol

yeah its gonna be a great night. i'll have to watch the first shift back for crosby as well.

back to the storm......euro should be interesting but there was a definite shift S i thought on last nights 00z.

i think by tonights 00z you could be in good shape.

yeah its gonna be a great night. i'll have to watch the first shift back for crosby as well.

back to the storm......euro should be interesting but there was a definite shift S i thought on last nights 00z.

i think by tonights 00z you could be in good shape.

Yeah, I like the trends so far, Other then the GFS being warm, Models have trended colder and south we shall see how it goes with the Euro later

Archived