Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 23 - Storm Threat

powderfreak

I think it is on crack.

The euro maps have the 850-700 line over your head at 06z Wednesday. It moves to near IZG by 09z, so the warmth does try to come in aloft, despite 850 temps below 0C. I wonder if good vvs can win out for a couple of hours though.

Yeah....I think that will be the downfall here. Like I said last night, I'd take 1-2" and run. It wouldn't shock me to see an inch followed by some pings and then plain rain. There's a couple more days to go...maybe it can shift S with the H7 low a little more as well.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know...the 850 level is really torched on some of the models. We'd have to make sure the low really bombs out in order to drop the cold down. Even the euro was meh on backside stuff.

Thats my battle here, I start off cold and then the 850's gets pushed NW of me here while the surface looks to remain marginally cold could start as snow and flip to IP/RN then maybe back to some snow

Things have been trending south with the surface and 850 low, but getting the cold air aloft to meet the moisture is another problem from about EC NY to C NE.

At 36 hrs on the NAM the 0C line is just about to ALB

If that high over us was just a little stronger 1035-1040mb and was not retreating we could drain this cold air further south and hold it in here longer to set up a pretty good battle zone

Archived