joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 23 - Storm Threat

powderfreak

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't checked soundings, but it appears the NAM is a few inches on the front end with quite a thumping in Coos.

Looks like it would start as some SN/IP down to maybe MHT/CON? Hour 54 looks like it would be cold enough to start as some brief SN/IP in MHT. Of course, that's 1am Wednesday so no one would even know it happened as its washed away by the time they get up. Looks like it would flip quickly in those areas up to maybe a few inches in your area.

Looks like it would start as some SN/IP down to maybe MHT/CON? Hour 54 looks like it would be cold enough to start as some brief SN/IP in MHT. Of course, that's 1am Wednesday so no one would even know it happened as its washed away by the time they get up. Looks like it would flip briefly in those areas up to maybe a few inches in your area.

57hr I'm near an isothermal 0C from H8 to the surface with 0.25" having already fallen. By 60hr by low levels have torched to +2C. If the Euro comes around maybe I'll get a little more excited, but I won't hold my breath. I'd take 1" and run at this point.

post-3-0-28906500-1321843730.gif

Haha yeah... then we can continue a conversation with ourselves

I love how if this were progged 150 miles further south at this point, on a Sunday night, this thread would have 150 users in it... growing pages of posts by the second. With people weenie-ing out in front of football and models... instead its just 3 of us or so.

Don’t worry PF, we’re here watching the show, although in typical NNE reticent fashion for now. I noticed you showed what looked like the ECMWF snowfall maps from Weather Underground in one of your posts – it’s been really fun having those to follow.

Your going to need a big shift south mike

The further NE you are the better you'll be with this system due to the CAD saving the low levels. N NH/NW ME may end up mostly snow for the majority of the precip on the front end until the dry slot aloft moves through. That was how almost every SWFE played out for mby in 07/08.

The further NE you are the better you'll be with this system due to the CAD saving the low levels. N NH/NW ME may end up mostly snow for the majority of the precip on the front end until the dry slot aloft moves through. That was how almost every SWFE played out for mby in 07/08.

Verbatium on this nam run, Mtns and Central Maine would be looking at 10-14" mostly snow the further north and east you go, But i want to see some of the other models start showing these shifts, Its still rain here just colder for now

I don't think anyone is buying it hook, line, and sinker, but it's more interesting to discuss than 10pm 50s in late November. :lol:

Yes, that much is def true, lol.

Euro would need to come in decently cooler for me to get excited in CNE for more than inch or two. It could happen...since the high is in e decent spot..esp for NH/ME...but its not that strong. It would be a lot nicer if it was like a 1035-1040.

Yes, that much is def true, lol.

Euro would need to come in decently cooler for me to get excited in CNE for more than inch or two. It could happen...since the high is in e decent spot..esp for NH/ME...but its not that strong. It would be a lot nicer if it was like a 1035-1040.

It was at 1032mb then goes to 1028mb, That range you posted would be better for more folks as well especially if was not retreating

00z GFS drops about 0.50" here before the 0C 850 moves through at about 57hr. The low levels get iffy a little before then, but I'd imagine I'd pull through with a sloppy 1-2" if it panned out similar to this. Anything measurable for November would be a victory in my book considering the string of dead ratter Novembers we've been on.

00z GFS drops about 0.50" here before the 0C 850 moves through at about 57hr. The low levels get iffy a little before then, but I'd imagine I'd pull through with a sloppy 1-2" if it panned out similar to this. Anything measurable for November would be a victory in my book considering the string of dead ratter Novembers we've been on.

Your sig says it all. I just posted in the other thread, folks perceptions are all messed up due to the Oct storm.

It's quite an initial thump up here although the usual caveats apply including a warm H7-H85 layer. I just hope I can keep a cold enough sfc temp to accumulate. 6z NAM is close to mostly snow here.

I'll have to look at the weenie maps. COuld be a good thumping there and just to the north like over IZG.

Wow...6z GFS is way south. Cirrus for vim toot. lol

I think it is on crack.

The euro maps have the 850-700 line over your head at 06z Wednesday. It moves to near IZG by 09z, so the warmth does try to come in aloft, despite 850 temps below 0C. I wonder if good vvs can win out for a couple of hours though.

Archived