joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 23 - Storm Threat

powderfreak

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally think the best hope for flakes would be as the initial surge of really good stuff pushes in overnight tomorrow night and 850 temps are within a degree of 0C from ALB to CON.... It could temporarily cool the column enough for a surprise thump of snow someplace for several hours. I don't see where it reforms and winds up enough for much on the backside except maybe into Maine.

Though once north of a GFL, RUT, LEB line in may be mostly snow.....that's a northern NE thread situation. :)

I put the chances of see accumulating snow IMBY in Keene at 15%

NAM gives an inch or two to the nrn ORH hills. Maybe a coating to an inch in other spots..esp higher elevations. A little backside deformation for ern areas perhaps, but who knows with the NAM.

Its getting close to a real good solution in the southern part of the state just a couple tics away

Watch the GFS blast it up the St Lawrence River Valley.

Cold rain and bakside snow is a hell of a lot better than a 50 degree rainstorm in late November.

Of course, but it's not really a lock right now. I'd like to see that second s/w phase better and blow up the low to the east and not have it gain much latitude. I'm hoping for some flakes as well. Euro actually might argue for a brief end to snow for some...very brief.

I personally think the best hope for flakes would be as the initial surge of really good stuff pushes in overnight tomorrow night and 850 temps are within a degree of 0C from ALB to CON.... It could temporarily cool the column enough for a surprise thump of snow someplace for several hours. I don't see where it reforms and winds up enough for much on the backside except maybe into Maine.

Though once north of a GFL, RUT, LEB line in may be mostly snow.....that's a northern NE thread situation. :)

Hey! I don't see anything in this thread title that says SNE only. :lol:

I know what you mean, Rick... just bustin' your ballz. Us NNE'ers only get one thread to speak in out of the threads the pop up here.

nam would be a nice "wintry" (and very windy at the shore) turkey day...actually has some accumulating snow for Pete and maybe even over to Will...and flakes right to the coast.

not sure i buy it but who knows.

Yeah it brings some wrap around into ern areas. Would like to see other guidance show it too.

That's ok. :) I was forgetting this is just a general storm thread. Technically I'm not even in NE period, but unfortunately the Upstate side is 99% dead still. They only wake up when LES threatens. I think Upstate NY has about 6 million people so you'd think we'd be more active. SNE is just an incredible wx weenie hotbed per capita. It all started in '94 when Todd Gross started the ne.weather.....

Hey! I don't see anything in this thread title that says SNE only. :lol:

I know what you mean, Rick... just bustin' your ballz. Us NNE'ers only get one thread to speak in out of the threads the pop up here.

Archived