• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 23 - Storm Threat

powderfreak

Man Dendrite is still on the edge. It looks like warming aloft proceeds nicely, but VVs ripping him a new one pretty much slow or stop it for about 3-4 hrs before moving ne again.

Soundings look like snow until about 12z on the GFS for him and EEK.

Mike and Eric are in a good spot it seems. Enjoy.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like perhaps a nudge south in guidance? That puts Dendrite over to Dryslot and I guess Ekster into some front end goodness.

How does the 700-850 crit thickness look on the EC? It came in a bit cooler at 850.

6z NAM is close too all snow here with only a 750mb layer that gets between 0-1C. GFS is warmer, but is decent snow for a few hours before pings/drops.

I don't htink there will be any flakes in MA (though the NAM clown map gave me 2" I think lol). Fortuantely, things will start early enough this evening to see if a T can be recorded.

WRT the jackpot areas, it seems for the last several runs, it seems these have been pretty clearly identified. So, we send our congratulations to Powderfreak, Jeff, Eric, Dendrite and all the other weenies on that CNE/NNE region.

Oh, to be in Bethel.

Out of curiousity, what's your take that Bath, ME (my old stomping grounds) switches over to rain? I see their forecast is primarily snow with a 5-9" in their p/c. My experience up there is that in marginal situations, it's best to err on the taint side.

29.9/24

I'm so close to the line on some models, but the SREFs get really warm near halfway into the event as they pass the H7 low through NNE. I think I'm looking at 2-4"/3-5" followed by some pings.

The EC has the 850mb 0C at the NH/MA border at 36hr (12z tomorrow) with almost 1" QPF in C NH already so maybe I'll be surprised.

Wow, 8-14 in the point. Looks like maybe 12 on this graphic. I'd take 4" and run, actually.

StormTotalSnowFcst.png

Nice--quite the cutoff at the immediate coast. Hence my earlier question about Bath. Mike--are you still in to give you opinion on whether they switch?

To my earlier comment about flakes in MA--seems BOX is intent on keeping mixes here during tonight/tomorrow/and tomorrow night. No accums of course, but maybe I can record a couple of T's.

Wow, 8-14 in the point. Looks like maybe 12 on this graphic. I'd take 4" and run, actually.

StormTotalSnowFcst.png

Nice, id take 6.9 and run too. My zone forecast was 4-8 so well see. When I see Brian say 2-4/3-5 then pingers and drops and he's thirty miles north of me im not so sure. But at least I have a chance at some bonus snow.

How does the 700-850 crit thickness look on the EC? It came in a bit cooler at 850.

6z NAM is close too all snow here with only a 750mb layer that gets between 0-1C. GFS is warmer, but is decent snow for a few hours before pings/drops.

For some reason I can't post these maps, but you look fine until 11z or so. It may tip at 12z...but it is close.

Nice--quite the cutoff at the immediate coast. Hence my earlier question about Bath. Mike--are you still in to give you opinion on whether they switch?

Yeah, I'll be at work in downtown Portland tomorrow where it'll be a huge rainstorm but just on the other side on the turnpike it'll be ripping. Excellent commute home, I'd wager. I was telling the guys here at work who live near the coast that they might see some snow, but I wasn't expecting several inches.

I think parts of sw NH could start as snow and go over to ice before rain. A little surprised BOX is "meh" about it.

Well, you're talking about an area that's about as significant in people's minds as GC. If it weren't for the 6 posters between there and GC, we tend to be worth scarce a mention. :)

Meanwhile, at the risk of grasping for straws--I suspect there's no hope for surprise web-bulbing or anything of that ilk to perhaps lend to a surprise accumulation?

I think I'll get a taste of how Kevin feels when he's raining and ORH is racking of 2"/hr.

Well, you're talking about an area that's about as significant in people's minds as GC. If it weren't for the 6 posters between there and GC, we tend to be worth scarce a mention. :)

Meanwhile, at the risk of grasping for straws--I suspect there's no hope for surprise web-bulbing or anything of that ilk to perhaps lend to a surprise accumulation?

I think I'll get a taste of how Kevin feels when he's raining and ORH is racking of 2"/hr.

Some of the SREFs had a little ZR for you.

I wouldn't be shocked if you started out with a little snow...briefly. IN fact, you have a better shot than Pete because of your latitude. It may be that you get more IP or ZR...but I could see that.

Wow...what a surprise. In London now flying back this afternoon arriving early eve. Didn't expect to be under a WSW. GYX is hitting this very hard...they are usually not aggressive...calling for 6-10 at Laconia. They seem to thing the very dry cold air will cause strong evap cooling along with heavy precip rates...this is why they are going for so much snow. And they say it is a high confidence forecast.

Would be something to have had 25-30 inches before Nov 25 in the warmest fall since I've lived up here...

Wow...what a surprise. In London now flying back this afternoon arriving early eve. Didn't expect to be under a WSW. GYX is hitting this very hard...they are usually not aggressive...calling for 6-10 at Laconia. They seem to thing the very dry cold air will cause strong evap cooling along with heavy precip rates...this is why they are going for so much snow. And they say it is a high confidence forecast.

Would be something to have had 25-30 inches before Nov 25 in the warmest fall since I've lived up here...

Congrats--hope you had a nice time in England.

When will the new SREF's be available?

It's not a good feeling. So close yet so far..though i suspect you'll eek out an inch or 2 of snow

Some of the SREFs had a little ZR for you.

I wouldn't be shocked if you started out with a little snow...briefly. IN fact, you have a better shot than Pete because of your latitude. It may be that you get more IP or ZR...but I could see that.

Thanks. I have 0 confidence on ZR. I don't think my surface will allow for that. WRT the latitude comment, BOX's forecasts all along their northern most MA zones have snow in at least two of the three periods of the storm.

Thanks. I have 0 confidence on ZR. I don't think my surface will allow for that. WRT the latitude comment, BOX's forecasts all along their northern most MA zones have snow in at least two of the three periods of the storm.

It may be something where you wetbulb close to 32F. Either way, I think you start briefly as snow or IP. The only way you don't, is if this thing comes north at the last minute. It is possible...but I don't think brief sn and ip for you is a long shot.

It may be something where you wetbulb close to 32F. Either way, I think you start briefly as snow or IP. The only way you don't, is if this thing comes north at the last minute. It is possible...but I don't think brief sn and ip for you is a long shot.

He's gonna get 1-2 inches of snow as we've told him and continue to doubt us and then tomorrow post how surprised he was he got snow..Same story different day

It's not a good feeling. So close yet so far..though i suspect you'll eek out an inch or 2 of snow

I don't see that happening, but I like your support of such a thing. A key difference betwee your experiences with such things and mine is that I don't have a horde of posters within the 30 miles or so (is that your lattitude difference between the Mt. and ORH?) reporting snow observations while I rain.

Archived