northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Late November through Early December Obs/banter

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really have no problem with the topics being broken out like Bob did today. It was done gracefully and with a link. Not everyone wants to listen to us talking about skiing. It's no differen than when I complain about some of the nonsense talk around storms.

Long as it's done equally I'm all for it.

Great post. One of the best about the subject

This is the kind of response that really sucks for a moderator. He's doing his job.

Two days ago I came into the SNE thread and saw a picture of two squirrels f*cking each other and five pages of banter with absolutely nothing but AWT, weenie graphics, and total BS. Obviously it's not my spot to moderate here. I leave that to Will, Ekster, ETaunton, etc.

you are right, but I looked for the five pages of banter and could not find it. As usual exaggeration is made to make points. All I and others brought up is that several people complained about over moderation and it was not the Ski stuff either. Also it seems there is some misconception about free flowing conversation and banter. I know John you have participated many an overnight in free flowing conversation that was left unmoderated. The point several posters made was that staying on topic is the goal but sometimes exchanges happen. I guess all my posts go in the banter thread because I tend when the down times happen to stray. One thing, this is not NYC.

This is the kind of response that really sucks for a moderator. He's doing his job.

Two days ago I came into the SNE thread and saw a picture of two squirrels f*cking each other and five pages of banter with absolutely nothing but AWT, weenie graphics, and total BS. Obviously it's not my spot to moderate here. I leave that to Will, Ekster, ETaunton, etc.

There's a fine line between a few off topic posts and a college dorm-room type chat. That's what the banter thread is designed for. And that's why those posts were moved.

This is a great subforum, everything will be fine. This is not a big deal. But that kind of crap needs to stay out of a thread designed to talk about the post-thanksgiving pattern. Just because there's a dead period in weather shouldn't mean it's a free for all.

Why are people getting their panties in a bunch over something like their posts getting moved or deleted? I know I post off-topic stuff at times and could care less if it gets moved or deleted. We are lucky to be able to have this board to talk weather, so whatever Mods have to do to keep it on weather discussion, I'm all for it. People need to not be so hyper-sensitive to their of-course valuable contributions getting moved or deleted.

Why are people getting their panties in a bunch over something like their posts getting moved or deleted? I know I post off-topic stuff at times and could care less if it gets moved or deleted. We are lucky to be able to have this board to talk weather, so whatever Mods have to do to keep it on weather discussion, I'm all for it. People need to not be so hyper-sensitive to their of-course valuable contributions getting moved or deleted.

why is it that discussion is always labeled getting panties in a bunch. etc. Free flowing opinions from posters in a banter thread to get staff thoughts is good for all to understand what is expected. It seems anytime anyone questions the board decisons folks get labeled. There is nothing wrong with our subforum having this conversation from time to time. It allows all to speak their mind. I really am still waiting for the reason some Mods think that the reason newbies do not post is because of unrelated banter. Its all good bro.

I did think Bob did the right thing making a new thread

But no need to get worked up

no problems at all with that move , the issue surfaced days before but its all good Hubb Dave , just stay on topic please, oh wait...

Man that cutoff sure looks like it will crawl slower than progged. Will be cool to watch evolve. I hope it snows in Alabama.

LOL. While your thinking of that, I was just doing some web surfing on snowplows. That would save a lot of time over the snowblower. I can sell the sb to help offset the costs. Hmmmmmmmmm

We thought about a cheap p/u plow set up but I realized that although a snow blower is more work it's much easier to manage the snow than with a plow, at least the way my house and driveway sit.

Today is gonna' be a great day for yard work! ...or any other outdoor activity.

We thought about a cheap p/u plow set up but I realized that although a snow blower is more work it's much easier to manage the snow than with a plow, at least the way my house and driveway sit.

Today is gonna' be a great day for yard work! ...or any other outdoor activity.

We have no sidewalk and no restriction on where the snow gets deposited, so it would be a real time saver. Unfortunately, having four fireplaces lined this last two weeks says "no money for plow". Especially since I'm now thinking of taking down a wall and opening up some space. Should have Pete take a look. :)

Good post. +1.

Leading up to storms I totally support cracking down on trolling and keeping OT posts where they belong. On a holiday weekend when it's in the 60s and nothing going on I think some OT posts in threads are fine... especially now with subforums we're not amassing these monster OT/banter threads in 1 main area.

I just don't understand why they had to move a Christmas song thread . It's the holiday season and many of the songs are wx related. What harm was that thread causing? We had one last year and it wasn't deleted. I guess my lawn thread will be moved or deleted next

I really am still waiting for the reason some Mods think that the reason newbies do not post is because of unrelated banter.

I remember several occasions last winter where a new person attempted to post during a storm only to be totally ignored and have their posts buried in a flood of mostly banter. For someone new, posting here likely feels like barging into a small room with no open seats. Or maybe there is some other reason this subforum picks up like 2 new regular posters per year.

I remember several occasions last winter where a new person attempted to post during a storm only to be totally ignored and have their posts buried in a flood of mostly banter. For someone new, posting here likely feels like barging into a small room with no open seats. Or maybe there is some other reason this subforum picks up like 2 new regular posters per year.

BINGO!!!

thank you for saying it!

Yes, I recall some instances of that occurring.

Our threads can move at blazing speed sometimes and separating out/keeping posts on topic is critical to keep them moving along smoothly. This, to me, would make our topics more open to additional people coming in and adding their own thoughts/opinions. I don't think is too much to ask of the members here. I'm not sure what the issue is when we ask politely to keep things on topic or point people out to the correct topics. If I see posts that are related to the topic at hand, I move them into our banter thread. if I see an objectionable post or one that is against board rules, I delete it. I've moved more posts than deleted if that means anything.

Archived