• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Late November through Early December Obs/banter

CoastalWx

I remember several occasions last winter where a new person attempted to post during a storm only to be totally ignored and have their posts buried in a flood of mostly banter. For someone new, posting here likely feels like barging into a small room with no open seats. Or maybe there is some other reason this subforum picks up like 2 new regular posters per year.

Funny I remember welcoming all new posters, something the Mods should do. I also remember that your areas subsubforum has not added many either, why would that be?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny I remember welcoming all new posters, something the Mods should do. I also remember that your areas subsubforum has not added many either, why would that be?

Do I really need to explain population density to you?

And snow isn't something exotic in NNE... the percentage of people up here that actually like it enough to want to discuss it is probably pretty minuscule compared to places further south.

Do I really need to explain population density to you?

And snow isn't something exotic in NNE... the percentage of people up here that actually like it enough to want to discuss it is probably pretty minuscule compared to places further south.

We talk year around and not just about snow. Lets get something straight, the tornado, hurricane and epic winter on the spot threads in this forum were read and praised by many. We are weather geeks, fascinated by all kinds and enamored with winter storms, it is who we are to the core. We post more about weather than any other region, look up the ratios. Again I have no issues with separate topics, the issue is convo flow and overmoderation.

Perhaps you could share some of your thoughts on how we could get more newbies to post? One thing about SNE, we accept newbies better than most. Ask SBOSWX how he feels down in the MA?

As far as density goes, that still does not explain why your threads have the same posters despite new members from your area. The issue is not number of members its about getting them to post from what I understand. What is amazing is the number of views our supposedly banter filled threads get. A number of posters have agreed that flowing convo at times when things are slow is OK.

We talk year around and not just about snow. Lets get something straight, the tornado, hurricane and epic winter on the spot threads in this forum were read and praised by many. We are weather geeks, fascinated by all kinds and enamored with winter storms, it is who we are to the core. We post more about weather than any other region, look up the ratios. Again I have no issues with separate topics, the issue is convo flow and overmoderation.

Perhaps you could share some of your thoughts on how we could get how we get more newbies to post? One thing about SNE, we accept newbies better than most. Ask SBOSWX how he feels down in the MA?

As far as density goes, that still does not explain why your threads have the same posters despite new members from your area. The issue is not number of members its about getting them to post from what I understand. What is amazing is the number of views our supposedly banter filled threads get. A number of posters have agreed that flowing convo at times when things are slow is OK.

We'll have to agree to disagree on some things.

You're using thread views as a metric for popularity, and you should probably stop because it's worthless. The SNE threads are probably the fastest growing on the board, meaning people are refreshing at an excessive rate leading to a drastically overinflated count. Those 30,000+ views belong to the top 15-20 posters in that thread.

We'll have to agree to disagree on some things.

You're using thread views as a metric for popularity, and you should probably stop because it's worthless. The SNE threads are probably the fastest growing on the board, meaning people are refreshing at an excessive rate leading to a drastically overinflated count. Those 30,000+ views belong to the top 15-20 posters in that thread.

NBD anyway but proof positive

we are idiots and we love it

I foked up last year, waited until the last minute then could not find them until March. Call me superstitious but thats the plan this year.

I have not put any up the last few years, After 07, They were buried until spring and could not get at them to take them down, I have a lot of the lawn type stuff

I honestly don't. Why did you go against what I said and started a new thread?

You may think of me differently but that's not my problem. I don't

I'm just doing what I've been asked to do and I play no favorites.

I don't think of you different. There was no reason to move a Christmas song thread that was somewhat wx related. What harm was that possibly doing?

You need to move my lawn thread, the ski thread and others too.

Archived