joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late November through Early December Obs/banter

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We drove to Marblehead yesterday. It was amazing to see how everyone--or just about everyone--had their leaves gone from their yards. I couldn't help but imagine Kevin living in one of the houses next to one of the few that hadn't cleaned them up. I suspect he'd be pretty irate to have theirs blowing onto his lawn.

Here's one of the later updates on Hurricane Irene. The Hawlemont elmentary school reopened last week. The school (servces Hawley and Charlemont) had gotten flooded out and until this point had 'relocated' into the Buckland-Shelburne Elmentary School where my daughter attends. Made for a monster sized 1st grade class--4 towns, 22 kids. Nice to have things back to normal.

We drove to Marblehead yesterday. It was amazing to see how everyone--or just about everyone--had their leaves gone from their yards. I couldn't help but imagine Kevin living in one of the houses next to one of the few that hadn't cleaned them up. I suspect he'd be pretty irate to have theirs blowing onto his lawn.

That's what 99% of people do..They keep up with their leaves weekly and keep nice, neat pristine yards. There's always a few slobs in every hood..but most of my neighbors did theirs yesterday

Running a 5k in Wethersfield later this morning.. Ran a quick 2 miles this morning just to warmup. Course is flat over there. Looking to do well. Shorts and short sleeved shirts in late Nov FTL

Good Luck! What is your the current 5k time at? I would love to be running more but my back and disc issues have other plans its seems ughhhh.

A couple of times is just fine for yard clean ups. Leaves plenty of time to do stuff with your family. Multiple clean ups can be explained easily by OCD.

One and dones can be explained easily by laziness and slobbyness, and those that don't care about appearance.

I can always tell if a person is a slob or not by how they keep their cars. If the inside and outside are filthy with cups and crap strewn all over inside and the rims are black with brake dust and there's bugs smashed all over the front of the car and windshield..they are slobs

Looks splendid out there. Just need to throw my winterizer down today and yard work 2011 is all but wrapped up. Oaks are about 70% stripped right now so I don't expect much more in the way of leaves. All other trees are done dropping leaves.

Wow, only got down to 52F. Going to be a huge + departure today. Normal low is right around 30F for today.

One and dones can be explained easily by laziness and slobbyness, and those that don't care about appearance.

I can always tell if a person is a slob or not by how they keep their cars. If the inside and outside are filthy with cups and crap strewn all over inside and the rims are black with brake dust and there's bugs smashed all over the front of the car and windshield..they are slobs

:lol: People care about appearance, but no need to go overboard in the fall when everyone has leaves down. It's fall, yards are meant to have leaves in them.

I can't even begin to think of leaf cleanup yet, still too many huge branches down from the snowstorm. My neighbors keep throwing hints my way that they're tired of looking at my mess. Every time the f'n wind blows more come down too :thumbsdown: My chipper worked overtime after Irene and right now the blade is out to get sharpened. I've gone through two chains on the saw since Halloween :arrowhead: I'm hoping the warmth holds for at least two more weeks so I can get up into a couple of the trees to cut out the widowmakers but climbing 30-40 feet into damaged trees sketches me out.

Absolutely beautiful outside, actually heading to work in a little while, getting everything wrapped up before we hit the road midday Tuesday. Ahhh leaves, I just keep blowing mine into a pile in the backyard so the kids can play in them, when we get back i will mulch them into the turf.

Finished the last of the leaves a week ago thank god, lawn and beds are clean and trim. Time to take the mower deck off the JD and then load up the firewood poles for a trip to the processor. Atleast the weather is nice to work outside with and get things done. Hard to believe I already had 18" of snow this year, it feels like a dream.

Unless you live in a very secluded spot, by Spring most leaves are gonna blow away so why waste time on raking. What doesn't blow away will rot and dissappear into the lush new grass during the Spring growth and if anything survives that it will be ground into millions of pieces by the first lawn mowings of the new year.

In fall? I think it's ok to have some leaves in them.

I have a cheap file that I use to manually file my chains....sometimes get a half dozen and more go-arounds with one chain before I have utterly ruined it. It takes maybe five minutes to file them and get them sharp again. We have horriffic bushes here called buckthorn and that is the hardest wood so chains don't stay sharp for long when I cut that junk.

I can't even begin to think of leaf cleanup yet, still too many huge branches down from the snowstorm. My neighbors keep throwing hints my way that they're tired of looking at my mess. Every time the f'n wind blows more come down too :thumbsdown: My chipper worked overtime after Irene and right now the blade is out to get sharpened. I've gone through two chains on the saw since Halloween :arrowhead: I'm hoping the warmth holds for at least two more weeks so I can get up into a couple of the trees to cut out the widowmakers but climbing 30-40 feet into damaged trees sketches me out.

Archived