12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
November Disco/Obs II

Isopycnic

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drove up to Blowing Rock, NC, this morning to do some early Christmas shopping with the fam. We planned a picnic lunch and short hike for the kids. It was around 60 here in Hickory when we left. We arrived in Blowing Rock around 10:45 with heavy clouds and a light mist and a pleasant temperature of 42! :thumbsdown: That's great for winter weather, but not exactly picnic weather. Thus, we did our shopping and headed back down the mountain. We tried to have a picnic at a local park in Hudson, but the wind was so strong that the kids couldn't stand it. My two-year-old could barely walk in the face of the wind. Epic fail on the picnic end!

Flood gates aloft opened up just before sunrise and ended up with 2.8" in about a 2hr period between 5 & 7am. PGV officially checked in with 2.82", and that matches up fairly closely with what I had in the gauge, right around 2.8. A couple claps of thunder around six, two I think, but an absolute gully washer for shore. :thumbsup: Stiff wind today, gusting close to or just above 30. Convective type line formed overhead and currently looking at it to the east, love seeing the clearing and the afternoon squalls roll through this time of year!

post-382-0-31352200-1322079454.jpg

Flood gates aloft opened up just before sunrise and ended up with 2.8" in about a 2hr period between 5 & 7am. PGV officially checked in with 2.82", and that matches up fairly closely with what I had in the gauge, right around 2.8. A couple claps of thunder around six, two I think, but an absolute gully washer for shore. :thumbsup: Stiff wind today, gusting close to or just above 30. Convective type line formed overhead and currently looking at it to the east, love seeing the clearing and the afternoon squalls roll through this time of year!

post-382-0-31352200-1322079454.jpg

It went through here just after midnight. No thunder and a paltry .23 in the gauge.

Sure has quieted down in the SE subforum. Either everyone is sulking over the latest Euro and GFS runs, or they are preparing for Thanksgiving madness. lol. Currently 48oF here. Nice and breezy today with some 25+ mph gusts. Looking forward to some beautiful weather tomorrow with highs in the mid 60's.

Sure has quieted down in the SE subforum. Either everyone is sulking over the latest Euro and GFS runs, or they are preparing for Thanksgiving madness. lol. Currently 48oF here. Nice and breezy today with some 25+ mph gusts. Looking forward to some beautiful weather tomorrow with highs in the mid 60's.

Likely both haha. It's the model drama that many of us alluded to a while back and this is its first time making itself known. :devilsmiley: I know that I will be quite busy over the next couple of days with Thanksgiving and then heading to work that Black Friday before heading over to a friend of mine's house for more Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday.

It's been quite a cool day. 64 for the high but felt more like the mid 50s with the winds gusting all day (31 mph max out of the NW). Haven't had to kick the heat on for the past few days but tonight forces that once more.

Very cool video! My only question is did the trailer that you can see in the background survive? I see a few trees didn't

I'm not sure about that one.... We got in contact with him last week and he hasn't emailed us back. I can tell you that there were only 2 minor injuries during the whole thing, so the trailer may not have survived but, if people were inside, the residents survived.

Well holidays have never slowed us weather weenies down if there was something coming lol

But you know if something turns ugly on the models, at least we don't go into a frenzy about it and raise hell like some other forums.

I've seen enough cold and the snow the last couple Winters to last me a while. You can keep all that stuff.

what have you done with our beloved pro met poster foothills a/k/a robert? obviously someone has either hacked his account or kidnapped and replaced him with a look a like lol

I've seen enough cold and the snow the last couple Winters to last me a while. You can keep all that stuff.

It happens when you get older Robert. But, I promise, when that 1st Winter Storm Warning is issued, you and I will be as ready as anybody to post snow totals. laugh.gif

But, for now, I've reached the pointed where I'm not frustrated when it is warm. It used to drive me crazy.

what have you done with our beloved pro met poster foothills a/k/a robert? obviously someone has either hacked his account or kidnapped and replaced him with a look a like lol

18z 204! Bring it! I'll enjoy every bit of snow you get Robert!!thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

It happens when you get older Robert. But, I promise, when that 1st Winter Storm Warning is issued, you and I will be as ready as anybody to post snow totals. laugh.gif

But, for now, I've reached the pointed where I'm not frustrated when it is warm. It used to drive me crazy.

the older part. I'm feeling it now. Don't get me wrong I love chasing a good snow event or any event wintry-related on the models , but when it happens, I'm all ready for it to go away immediately. I used to love having snow or sleet piles lay on the ground for days or weeks but since 2003 or so, I realize it's just a hassle and adds expense to the ol' utility bills (and car insurance when you take out 3 mailboxes on melting/refreezing sleet). Last 2 years were aggravating, but fun as a weather enjoyer to follow. I enjoy just forecasting and following it for other areas now, just as much as anything. I find myself up way too many hours , like last years couple of big ones, but when the storm hits and you watch the first few hours, the rush wears off and you go to bed, missing out on it anyway...and wake up to dreary gray and cold and sometimes a house with no power.

But I'm sure I'll always enjoy it occurring for those that love it. There's beauty in all kinds of weather though, and you won't find me crying when I'm just a couple miles from the rain/snow line.:raining:

the older part. I'm feeling it now. Don't get me wrong I love chasing a good snow event or any event wintry-related on the models , but when it happens, I'm all ready for it to go away immediately. I used to love having snow or sleet piles lay on the ground for days or weeks but since 2003 or so, I realize it's just a hassle and adds expense to the ol' utility bills (and car insurance when you take out 3 mailboxes on melting/refreezing sleet). Last 2 years were aggravating, but fun as a weather enjoyer to follow. I enjoy just forecasting and following it for other areas now, just as much as anything. I find myself up way too many hours , like last years couple of big ones, but when the storm hits and you watch the first few hours, the rush wears off and you go to bed, missing out on it anyway...and wake up to dreary gray and cold and sometimes a house with no power.

But I'm sure I'll always enjoy it occurring for those that love it. There's beauty in all kinds of weather though, and you won't find me crying when I'm just a couple miles from the rain/snow line.:raining:

Well, as long as you don't get tired of forecasting it (he selfishly says...whistle.gif)

Well, as long as you don't get tired of forecasting it (he selfishly says...whistle.gif)

No doubt I won't stop that.(forecasting). I really wanted to put that out there not last winter, but the one before. Or right after the March 2009 storm. I only thought I liked snow or ice. What I really like is active weather, mixed with good changeups. This has been an incredible year, the best I can ever recall for a weather lover of any type, around here. Now if I start complaining of rain, somebody call a doctor.:lol:

dry.gif

Like when you quit posting due to snow deprivation :P I was sooo happy when you got walloped and finally returned....I missed your wintertime banter :wub:

No doubt I won't stop that.(forecasting). I really wanted to put that out there not last winter, but the one before. Or right after the March 2009 storm. I only thought I liked snow or ice. What I really like is active weather, mixed with good changeups. This has been an incredible year, the best I can ever recall for a weather lover of any type, around here. Now if I start complaining of rain, somebody call a doctor.:lol:

I don't think either of us would ever complain about rain again. :lol: I can say I have had more extreme weather in the past 2 years than the past 10 years combined....what a ride :hug:

Archived