November Disco/Obs II

Isopycnic

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well looks very wet, says NWS

.SUNDAY...CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS

AROUND 60. CHANCE OF RAIN 40 PERCENT.

.SUNDAY NIGHT...SHOWERS LIKELY. LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL POSSIBLE.

LOWS IN THE LOWER 40S. CHANCE OF RAIN 60 PERCENT.

.MONDAY AND MONDAY NIGHT...RAIN SHOWERS LIKELY. LOCALLY HEAVY

RAINFALL POSSIBLE. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 40S. LOWS IN THE MID 30S.

CHANCE OF RAIN 70 PERCENT.

.TUESDAY...PARTLY SUNNY. A CHANCE OF RAIN AND SNOW SHOWERS IN THE

MORNING. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 40S. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION

30 PERCENT.

did I see snow in your forecast? hmmm interesting, probably won't happen but does make it interesting whistle.gif

Not surprising. I just got out of the hospital late yesterday evening. Had some knee surgery and I have not been on the computer since Friday. :snowman:

Positive thoughs for a speedy recovery :hug:

Finally some real rain. It is just pouring down out there. Most I've seen in months at one time, because it has been going on for more than 5 minutes :) T

Edit: Just looked between rounds and got .8 in just that last batch. And here come two more lines.

I'm glad to hear you got more than a few sprinkles :wub: I'm waiting patiently for the line to get here. :)

Picked up .75". Lots of lightning but not much else.

:thumbsup: That sounds wonderful

Yep, I'm at 0.75" too. About 4 or 5 flashes of lightning and thunder but that's about it here too. It did fall at more than 5"/hr for a little while.

:thumbsup: Nice

Big rains here but guage is broke, all i know is i had to squegee the porch for 10 minutes, gutter clogged with friggin leaves again!

Surprised no one put the centerfold up today for the Tennessee folks?

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/30068-nov-27th-nov-29th-upper-level-low/

.95" in the bucket this evening. Got stuck in a total downpour in the store parking lot. Some lightning and thunder, but nothing too bad. This brings my November total up to 3.46". Definitely a wet month.

TORNADO WARNING:

WESTERN CATAWBA COUNTY IN THE PIEDMONT OF NORTH CAROLINA... THIS INCLUDES THE CITY OF NEWTON... NORTHERN CLEVELAND COUNTY IN THE PIEDMONT OF NORTH CAROLINA...WESTERN LINCOLN COUNTY IN THE PIEDMONT OF NORTH CAROLINA... THIS INCLUDES THE CITY OF LINCOLNTON...EAST CENTRAL RUTHERFORD COUNTY IN WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA...

Edit: radar's showing that rotation is weakening.

Edit2:Warning cancelled.

TORNADO WARNING:

WESTERN CATAWBA COUNTY IN THE PIEDMONT OF NORTH CAROLINA... THIS INCLUDES THE CITY OF NEWTON... NORTHERN CLEVELAND COUNTY IN THE PIEDMONT OF NORTH CAROLINA...WESTERN LINCOLN COUNTY IN THE PIEDMONT OF NORTH CAROLINA... THIS INCLUDES THE CITY OF LINCOLNTON...EAST CENTRAL RUTHERFORD COUNTY IN WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA...

I am in that warning cone....I will let you folks know what happens when that line comes through here.

This is one heck of a rain event that's taking place. It's coming down in heavy massive sheets, rapidly filling up the ditches and flooding parts of my yard. Any leaves that were loosely hanging on to the trees around here are pretty much knocked off now, especially after the wind gusted to 35 mph briefly before the rain arrived.

I'm glad to hear you got more than a few sprinkles :wub: I'm waiting patiently for the line to get here. :)

Yep, this was a real dousing in a short while. Finally a front was fat with rain on the southern end. I ended up with .92 for the event, which, once again, like the last few events, was more than I expected. I'm thinking this bodes well for down the road. The last few years most of my systems have under produced down here. Maybe it is just that I have my expectations set so low now, lol. Hope ya'll in the Carolinas stay just rain, and no spinners. Tony

Archived