• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
November Obs/Banter thread

Mr Torchey

LOL at the GC being "out there"....you want some mountains, snowfall, and wilderness feeling I've got some towns up here for you.

Although to be fair I bet I can be in Boston from here quicker than MPM. Maybe that area really is the boonies ;)

It's just interesting to think of anywhere in Mass as wilderness.

You have a McDonald's closer to you than me.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These obs don't surprise me. In the town of Guilford there was virtually nothing at the shore and at the Durham border (about 14 miles inland) about 10". Probably the most impressive gradient I've ever seen on the CT shore with the possible exception of 4/1/97

Interestingly enough, there still was some decent snow in Downtown Stamford/Greenwich. Places like Fairfield and Bridgeport really got shafted though, the gradient was straight north to south...

Cooling nicely tonight...the snow pack really helps. Down to 35F...airport still at 40F, lol. Nearest mesonet site at 27F.

All the snow will be gone after the big torching conditions coming up over the next week. Maybe some patches in the woods in GC will survive. Looks like a very mild regime setting up through at least mid-month...with a nice very brief cooldown at the end of this week or weekend...1-2 day type thing. Early next week looks very warm.

The great thing about GC is we'll get it all back and then some. For now it's Winter conditions here with a deep snowpack, snowbanks and cold conditions. Nice.

Golf next week> looks like widespread 60's and maybe some low 70s down here, should be perfect!

30 miles for us here too. 16 to the nearest traffic light and it's the only one in the whole county.

I feel like I live practically in the middle of the city. 21 miles to McD's free WiFi for me and there is one of those new-fangled traffic lights 11 miles down the road in East Waterboro.

Boring weather, but it's to be expected in early November. Normally I wait until about Thanksgiving to get the snowfreek on.

I feel like I live practically in the middle of the city. 21 miles to McD's free WiFi for me and there is one of those new-fangled traffic lights 11 miles down the road in East Waterboro.

Boring weather, but it's to be expected in early November. Normally I wait until about Thanksgiving to get the snowfreek on.

0.21 miles to McD's. I'm in the boonies.

Downright cosmo. ;)

Yeah, quiet weather for now. We'll be freakin' soon though, yo

Mercury read 23 when I walked the dog at 6:30. Should be a nice recovery today.

Had a fox howling in our back yard for over an hour after midnight. Never heard that sound before. Blood curdling scream. Shined lights on him, let the dog bark and he just paced back and forth howling. Why do they do that?

Woke the baby up for an hour - uhg!

This is exactly what is sounded like:

Archived