joxey
November Obs/Banter thread

Mr Torchey

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You suck

jk

Leominster might be out for a few days... 17 major transmission lines leading into/out of substations were broken.

Awaiting word. Facebook ftw

Congrats, fthw (for the hopeful win).

Just got in from a walk. Kind of weird to have it halloween and fresh snow-cover. The only bad part was having snow dropping from the trees, ftl.

Will be a chilly night trick-or-treating tonight. Will this be the 'year with now halloween' in CT?

43.8/27

Congrats, fthw (for the hopeful win).

Just got in from a walk. Kind of weird to have it halloween and fresh snow-cover. The only bad part was having snow dropping from the trees, ftl.

Will be a chilly night trick-or-treating tonight. Will this be the 'year with now halloween' in CT?

43.8/27

Lurker here.. don't know enough weather to post.. but am learning. No halloween tonight in Avon, CT (Farmington Valley) for my kids... don't recall ever seeing such widespread tree damage.. not Gloria, certianly not Irene here (we were ;argely unscathed), not the ice storm of 78 (79?).... power out and expect it will be for days to come. Trying to get from Point A to Point B is tough.. roads closed, wires, trees everywhere, many roads still unplowed and everywhere with power is a parking lot.. especially near gas stations-- lines winding around the block, causing more traffic. Ugly.

If you hadn't included that last statement, you would have been subjected to lots of weenies. :)

Is the Concord area doing okay? I dno't see them hurt on the national grid map, but I'm not sure if that's what covers them.

I live in Concord and the whole town has power...There were a lot of downed branches and small trees especially in West Concord and the Monument St./Lowell road area...We are helped by the fact we have our own municipal light plant so power is generally reliable.

I live in Concord and the whole town has power...There were a lot of downed branches and small trees especially in West Concord and the Monument St./Lowell road area...We are helped by the fact we have our own municipal light plant so power is generally reliable.

Good. I guess my brother just doesn't return my calls.

43.3/28

happy halloweenie, man its fun scaring these kids!:devilsmiley: :devilsmiley: :devilsmiley:

Missed you on Tues. It blew 30mph and was one of the more challenging days on the linx, extremely difficult to get the right distance. Course was mint and greens rolled an easy 12 or more. One of the more difficult days to play but fun nonetheless.

next year....

Archived