• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Obs/Banter thread

Mr Torchey

Tough one to swallow along the coast, but thats how it goes. Time to look forward to November, solidify ideas on the coming winter and chuck weenies high and far. Congrats to the interior on a great close to October...........what lies ahead in the future.

I think November starts above normal, and by week two could be well above normal, then things flip and the rubber band finally snaps for good and winter comes roaring in for everyone just in time for Thanksgiving.!:snowman:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough one to swallow along the coast, but thats how it goes. Time to look forward to November, solidify ideas on the coming winter and chuck weenies high and far. Congrats to the interior on a great close to October...........what lies ahead in the future.

I think November starts above normal, and by week two could be well above normal, then things flip and the rubber band finally snaps for good and winter comes roaring in for everyone just in time for Thanksgiving.!:snowman:

17/16, 28" OTG, sizzlicious.

Even though it was a chilly day yesterday, It was like letting air out of a balloon here yesterday in some of the sunny areas as the depth came down. From what I could tell on my drive through Charlemont, Heath and Colrain there was a high degree of compaction as they are received amounts similar to me. A testament to the powder we received.

Bringon storm #2. Or would this be storm #3.....

Happy Halloween. Tomorrow begins what would I typically think of as the start of legitimate threat tracking. Nice to have such a head start going into the traditional season!

there are a few of the gfs ensemble members from 0z that would possible bring some wet snow's to western mass (MPM and PETE) on late friday nite as a closed low makes it's way just south of SNE on said guidance.......which supports the CMC OPmodel to a degree with a track further north of this closed low. The euro has this way SE at 120 (but the euro ens are much more north but a bit OTS) ....so not really thinking that much of it...but something to watch and cross fingers for .....for a couple peeps

also looks to me after glancing quickly that the Euro OP and Gfs op at 120 track this system from cape hatteras SE'ward toward bermuda in response to a building HP across N of maine (1035) is this climatologically or otherwise likely for a track?

clear skies

Must be a strange feeling for many folks knowing they got there biggest storm of the year already, and its not even November yet. A couple patches of snow left in shady areas, hard hard freeze, morning low was 24.

Looks like some classic mid fall weather coming up over the next two weeks!

Blocking might try to return after mid month or so, but until then, it's a pretty mild and boring pattern.

Good news, leaf cleanups can resume mid week once the snow has melted, heck there is still more than 50% of the leaves on the trees. Scooter how much did you get Saturday?

Major pattern change en route 11/16 at 1800 hrs.

clear skies

Must be a strange feeling for many folks knowing they got there biggest storm of the year already, and its not even November yet. A couple patches of snow left in shady areas, hard hard freeze, morning low was 24.

I don't see the insane rates we experienced to be seen again. But, I would not discount the possibility of a fairly wide-spread 2' at some point. I don't know the historical frequenty of 2' storms for the areas that got pummelled this weekend. But I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that another couldn't hit in the 4.5 months.

28.9/26

clear skies

for jaffrey, & concord yes and poss BDL,CT.. 31.4 22 and 20 respecitively.....however if i was a betting man i wouldn't bet against it in bradley .....i think they get smoked with at least another 20 incher .....concord nh it was their second all time storm so prob not beating that

Good news, leaf cleanups can resume mid week once the snow has melted, heck there is still more than 50% of the leaves on the trees. Scooter how much did you get Saturday?

Major pattern change en route 11/16 at 1800 hrs.

I'm guessing maybe 1.5" or so. Some weenie patches left when I got home yesterday.

Yeah we've had enough for a while. No sense of blowing it all at once. The pattern is not conducive at all for snow in the next 2+ weeks. My friend who skis is actually pissed because he's calling it a waist of snow..lol.

Whatever people predicted for snow, I'd just add those totals on

I dont even count that storm as apart of winter

I don't see the insane rates we experienced to be seen again. But, I would not discount the possibility of a fairly wide-spread 2' at some point. I don't know the historical frequenty of 2' storms for the areas that got pummelled this weekend. But I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that another couldn't hit in the next 6 months.

28.9/26

fixed

Archived