• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
November Obs/Banter thread

Mr Torchey

It would be worth your while to explore the Hilltowns. They each have different character and amenities. Some--like Peru, Hawley, etc.--really have very little happening. Meanwhile, places like Huntington, Buckland/Shelburne (parts of each these towns make up the village of Shelburne Falls), Charlemont, Conway, e.g., have a mix of the 'out there' world but also some creature comforts. For example, in Shelburne Falls, there's a coffee shop, a couple of restaurants, they have movies in the Town Hall every couple of weekends. It's really life on the edge. :)

LMAO your not kidding.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL at the GC being "out there"....you want some mountains, snowfall, and wilderness feeling I've got some towns up here for you.

Although to be fair I bet I can be in Boston from here quicker than MPM. Maybe that area really is the boonies ;)

It's just interesting to think of anywhere in Mass as wilderness.

FWIW. GC is the big green area out west.

You mean East Coast Rainstorm?

:lol: There's no way that would end up as a rainstorm. That's a beautiful set up. 50/50 low, UL confluence and surface high over New England. Then to the west, deep trough digging into the south, with low pressure developing along the Texas gulf coast. Strong high nosing down the lee of the Rockies with arctic air pouring into the Plains.

That has the makings of a major snow storm by the 19th.

Again, all based on the 384hr GFS forecast :axe:

:lol: There's no way that would end up as a rainstorm. That's a beautiful set up. 50/50 low, UL confluence and surface high over New England. Then to the west, deep trough digging into the south, with low pressure developing along the Texas gulf coast. Strong high nosing down the lee of the Rockies with arctic air pouring into the Plains.

I like this shot...

repeating pattern for big coastals? At least this year we are doing well with snowstorms on the long term models actually happening.

Archived