• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
November Obs/Banter thread

Mr Torchey

My hopes that I wouldn't see the leaf covered lawn until spring are going to be dashed. While we still have a lot on the ground, each day it is lessening. No big worries, though. Full bore winter is right around the corner.

32.3/30

The leaves made a mess of my snowblowing Sunday morning.

They slid along the bottom of the snow as my blower just pushed the compacting snow into piles.

Very frustrating. I hope that if/when I lose the snow, it dries out and I can leaf blow them into the woods (and mow my lawn)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like I live practically in the middle of the city. 21 miles to McD's free WiFi for me and there is one of those new-fangled traffic lights 11 miles down the road in East Waterboro.

Boring weather, but it's to be expected in early November. Normally I wait until about Thanksgiving to get the snowfreek on.

I've probably driven by your house on numerous occasions. I use Rt 5 as a backup road coming home from Bridgton.

I feel like I live practically in the middle of the city. 21 miles to McD's free WiFi for me and there is one of those new-fangled traffic lights 11 miles down the road in East Waterboro.

Boring weather, but it's to be expected in early November. Normally I wait until about Thanksgiving to get the snowfreek on.

:lol: :lol:

While I can get into Greenfield with ease, my town is pretty touch-and-go (no pun intended) with respect to whether stop signs are needed at intersections. Proceed with caution in GC.

Stowe is the largest town in VT in terms of acreage but we only have one blinking light in town lol. What's a traffic light?

The great thing about GC is we'll get it all back and then some. For now it's Winter conditions here with a deep snowpack, snowbanks and cold conditions. Nice.

What's the snow depth down to now? 27" to what? Looks like a foot or so on the Chester Hill cam but then again very hard to guess based on that view.

I was expecting that sort of response...I'm sure it's more than we would guess ;)

Dendrite got 19" and was down to 4" yesterday I think. GC got 27" and is probably down to 24".

Really?

I was still close to a foot yesterday...down from 20-22" OTG on Sunday morning

Lots of leaves showing... major loss of depth expected when I get home

Really?

I was still close to a foot yesterday...down from 20-22" OTG on Sunday morning

Lots of leaves showing... major loss of depth expected when I get home

Depth here was really tied to where I was walking. On the side of the house where our septic was, it was pretty bleak (not sure if that has anything to do with it). Meanwhile, out toward the fields, it was still about a foot. South facing front lawn was thinning quickly.

Meanwhile, snow still sits on the north and east facing roofs in the area.

The good news is that I will be able to start spltiting wood again later this weekend.

As a footnote to the weekend storm, a woman died in Bloomfied from a generator in her basement.......ummmmmmm that's reminiscent of one of our stock "storm fail' photos.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CT_CARBON_MONOXIDE_DEATH_CTOL-?SITE=CTNLD&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

still looks pretty darn cold fri Pm into Saturday PM....especially for folks w/out power. if spots radiate sat. night...could be high 10s/low 20s in the typical cold spots - even gfs mos has orange down to like 22F already. frozen pipes for folks with no power/heat???

GFS coming around to the euro it seems. I hope people have power on by then, but unfortunately..many won't.

Archived