CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
November Obs/Banter thread

Mr Torchey

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's up weenies. At office in Windsor..with no power..but we do have internet and phones. I feel like I've missed so much on the board. Wasn't able to weenie out over the storm like usual. ope everyone had fun and was safe. I still don't even know final snow totals for most places.

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=BOX&product=PNS&format=CI&version=4&glossary=0

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/box/sigevents/Snowtober_2011/

What's up weenies. At office in Windsor..with no power..but we do have internet and phones. I feel like I've missed so much on the board. Wasn't able to weenie out over the storm like usual. ope everyone had fun and was safe. I still don't even know final snow totals for most places.

Seriously? Your office still w/o power. No backup generator?

Are you able to go to a warm place at all?

MRG had 28", MPM had 22+(stopped measuring), Tubes had 26", 20" for me

A couple of places had over 30"

Hope you are ok and things get better.

Stowe is the largest town in VT in terms of acreage but we only have one blinking light in town lol. What's a traffic light?

You can travel 87 miles from Twin Mountain to the Canadian border in NH on route three without seeing a traffic light or even a stop sign. Pretty impressive considering how many little towns it passes through. It's one of my favorite drives in New England, especially the last 15-20 miles before the border.

Seriously? Your office still w/o power. No backup generator?

Are you able to go to a warm place at all?

MRG had 28", MPM had 22+(stopped measuring), Tubes had 26", 20" for me

A couple of places had over 30"

Hope you are ok and things get better.

Windsor was crushed. I think the main substation was heavily damaged because even BDL was on generator power thru yesterday.

I'm sleeping in the house where it's in the low 40's with like 8 blankets, a fleece and winter hat.

Jen's aunt has a genny in town, so I've been able to get warm meals there and shower. The fam left on Monday night to go up ot her sisters house in Mass to stay.

So it was kind of a weird b-day yesterday..

Still about 4 inches left in the shade at home..but in sunny areas grass is showing.

need to get a chainsaw this weekend to saw up trees that came down. I cleaned up what i could lift.

I saw 3-4 tree cutting truck in town yesterday, but have yet to see CL & P truck

The snow definitely lessened in intensity where you were for a little while. Then you had a 2 hr blitz late at night.

Yeah I was up from 11:00 until 4:00 am . had my head sticking out the bathroom window in awe..listening to things cracking and breaking..Transformers were blowing all nite. I don't know how far away you can typically see them when they blow..but I counted at least 7-8 blue flashes.

An experience I'll never forget. And one I will cherish forever.

Yeah I was up from 11:00 until 4:00 am . had my head sticking out the bathroom window in awe..listening to things cracking and breaking..Transformers were blowing all nite. I don't know how far away you can typically see them when they blow..but I counted at least 7-8 blue flashes.

:weenie:

I think when the wind picked up, that's when all hell broke loose. Those limbs were tested and throw in a little wind to sway them even more...and you had sh*t snapping everywhere.

That's when you texted me you heard shotgun blasts everywhere. I knew it was bad when you texted me at midnight. Normally at that time of night, you are snug in bed with visions of Weatherwiz dancing in your head.

I think when the wind picked up, that's when all hell broke loose. Those limbs were tested and throw in a little wind to sway them even more...and you had sh*t snapping everywhere.

TBH it really wasn't all that windy. Most of the stuff snapping and breaking was happening in between gusts. You just can't pile up a foot of Tip blue snow on trees with leaves. We were lucky I guess to keep power untill 11:00. Most of the town had lost it much earlier. The damage aound 400-600 feet was worse than it was imby.

TBH it really wasn't all that windy. Most of the stuff snapping and breaking was happening in between gusts. You just can't pile up a foot of Tip blue snow on trees with leaves. We were lucky I guess to keep power untill 11:00. Most of the town had lost it much earlier. The damage aound 400-600 feet was worse than it was imby.

I noticed when the wind picked up around here, it started knocking down stuff. The snow was so wet and sticky that any little breeze..even 15kts or so..and things started breaking.

I'm sleeping in the house where it's in the low 40's with like 8 blankets, a fleece and winter hat.

Sounds like the words of a homeless man in some burnt out Worcester crackhouse.

Hopefully things return to normal soon.

Reading your notes on the limbs breaking and transformers blowing out is pretty awesome stuff. We missed that kind of action by about 20 or so miles as the crow flies, only picking up 6".

You can travel 87 miles from Twin Mountain to the Canadian border in NH on route three without seeing a traffic light or even a stop sign. Pretty impressive considering how many little towns it passes through. It's one of my favorite drives in New England, especially the last 15-20 miles before the border.

thanks for the tip!

Sounds like the words of a homeless man in some burnt out Worcester crackhouse.

Hopefully things return to normal soon.

Reading your notes on the limbs breaking and transformers blowing out is pretty awesome stuff. We missed that kind of action by about 20 or so miles as the crow flies, only picking up 6".

It was an experience of a liftime. It's why I pine for heavy wet snows, vs powder events. So much more exciting and the snow lasts longer.

Who is that chic in your avatar? Holy ****e...that may be one of the hottest girls I've ever seen

110% yes. I would do it all over again. Hopefully it happens one or two more times this winter. Maybe even an icestorm.

The one time where you wish you were lower in elevation..lol.

Closest I ever came to what you had was 4/1/97. Lost power in that one as well as many trees. I know se mass got hit hard in the 12/26 storm too.

Archived