12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
October 27 Storm Observations and Reports

moneypitmike

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 inches probably final # as it is petering out.... Excellent event for October.

The measurement was on my deck so no grass fluff etc.

I just measured 3" in several spots (non grass fluffed like they do in Nashua)

And to consider this just an appetizer

Huge dendrites have added to that. Compaction will bring it down

That's what I'm worried about lol

I've been wondering if this area (along the high ground from Randolph/Avon through Stoughton into Sharon) is in a bit of a snowbelt in SE MA with the combo of elevation and any uplift that may occur with northeast/east winds. When I was looking at homes here last winter, there was a lot more snow here than there was where I was living in Waltham. How much elevation does it take to get an orographic effect?

Wow, that's great. You are in a great weenie spot in int se mass.

That's what I'm worried about lol

I've been wondering if this area (along the high ground from Randolph/Avon through Stoughton into Sharon) is in a bit of a snowbelt in SE MA with the combo of elevation and any uplift that may occur with northeast/east winds. When I was looking at homes here last winter, there was a lot more snow here than there was where I was living in Waltham. How much elevation does it take to get an orographic effect?

Eh, I don't think orographic effects do too much. It defintely is a good spot though. The coastal front sometimes likes to hang out there, and it's possible that some ocean effect and ocean enhanced type streams boost the snow totals a bit. Waltham defintely averages more, but for interior se mass...300' Stoughton is good. I lived in Brockton for a while and I know that area.

My early call of 2" busted low

I might pic up a few tenths but am not checking Will backed off his 3.5" for me

Great teaser for Saturday. I am fooked. No generator.

I think the general 2-3"+ we all talked about worked out. You guys to MPM and up to Socks seemed to be ground zero for a while.

I busted too low as well with the 1.2" forecast Lol

Awesome on the 3" there so far!

I think we are Both fooked with no generator for saturday.. Bring it on though! :lol: I want Wind too and SN+

You, MPM, Pete and anybody out this way in the 1000' club should have no power issues, just wind whipped powder.

Us folks in the Valley are still holding heavy foliage with the potential for 6"+ of cement. Major outages incoming.

Wood stove and 10kw Subaru generator ftw. Just got to fill the car and gas jugs tomorrow.

Archived