Newest Member
    Toothache
September Obs.

LithiaWx

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a drop here as usual...sigh... :(

Keep the faith, baby! If Robert can out rain gain all of us (except for some of Candyman's viewers) then there must be a quantum change a foot, lol. Rain, sleet, cold and snow for everyone :thumbsup:

Back in the 80's now and steamy feeling. Plenty of clouds wanting to drop some more, I hope. Tony

In Forest City (rutherford ) today and when I left Shelby it was flooding along highway 74 and Uptown Shelby..I haven't seen that kind of rain since Christmas 2009. My guage had 2.05" when I left and judging by radar, another 2" fell right over my neighborhood. I can't believe I got that lucky, but I think thiswill be the biggest rain event in a few years, either since Feb29/Mar 1 2009 or Christmas Day event. A training southerly flow right up the Upstate and 85. Sorry for those that have missed out so far.

GSP highlights the potential for another round of moderate to heavy rainfall tomorrow late...

FOR THURSDAY...THE GFS PICKS UP ON A SHORTWAVE CURRENTLY OVER THE

NRN GULF OF MEXICO. IT LIFTS THIS FEATURE NORTHWARD...WITH PCPN

SPREADING INTO THE REGION FROM THE SOUTH DURING THE AFTN. THE NAM

DOESN/T PICK UP ON THIS FEATURE WHILE THE OLD ECMWF IS IN GREAT

AGREEMENT WITH THE GFS. AS THE NAM IS ALREADY HAVING ISSUES WITH

OVER DEVELOPING A TROPICAL SYSTEM ALONG THE SE COAST...I FEEL PRETTY

GOOD IGNORING IT/S SOLUTION. THE FACT THAT THE GFS DID AN EXCELLENT

JOB HANDLING THIS LAST...SIMILAR SHORT WAVE ALSO IMPROVES MY

CONFIDENCE. EVEN IF IT IS OVERDONE WITH THE WAVE...WE COME INTO THE

ENTRANCE REGION OF A STRENGTHENING 250 MB JET LATE TMRW. THEREFORE I

HAVE POPS INCREASING TO LIKELY IN THE AFTN. MOST OF THE REGION

SHOULD DESTABILIZE IN THE AFTN...SO A FEW TSTMS ARE LIKELY. IF THE

GFS IS RIGHT ABOUT THE GULF CONNECTION WE WILL LIKELY SEE EVEN

GREATER COVERAGE THAN WHAT/S IN THE GRIDS NOW STARTING LATE TMRW

ALONG WITH A PERIOD OF HEAVY RAIN.

In Forest City (rutherford ) today and when I left Shelby it was flooding along highway 74 and Uptown Shelby..I haven't seen that kind of rain since Christmas 2009. My guage had 2.05" when I left and judging by radar, another 2" fell right over my neighborhood. I can't believe I got that lucky, but I think thiswill be the biggest rain event in a few years, either since Feb29/Mar 1 2009 or Christmas Day event. A training southerly flow right up the Upstate and 85. Sorry for those that have missed out so far.

Wow, Gauge reading 6.07" The amount of water everywhere is unreal, it's just standing everywhere. Parts of Dekalb street have been shut down uptown. Did not expect this.

I've come to the conclusion that we get much more rain when there's a 'chance' of showers and thundershowers than we do when those same rain events are 'likely'. Nothing but mugginess since the pre-dawn shower, despite 60% likely all day. Gonna go walk the mower just in case the forecast of rain events possible the next 6 days should be realized.

Over 2" in northern Catawba County, NC since last night. Kind of a nice surprise.

I'm in NW Catawba County (Viewmont, to be more exact), and I've got right at 1.6 inches in the gauge. From radar estimates, it does appear that more rain fell in the eastern parts of the county. Is your location near HWY 16? I see the Riverbend Park conditions in your signature. If you are further east, that would make sense why you have measured more rain than I have. I am very happy with this nice surprise today, as I didn't really get anything out of TS Lee. Life is good...

Keep the faith, baby! If Robert can out rain gain all of us (except for some of Candyman's viewers) then there must be a quantum change a foot, lol. Rain, sleet, cold and snow for everyone :thumbsup:

Back in the 80's now and steamy feeling. Plenty of clouds wanting to drop some more, I hope. Tony

That would be a welcome sight after this record breaking summer :wub:

With all the sunshine today it made it up to 88 degrees and muggy. There is a nice line just to my west but I'm not sure it will make it here. The cell's in Lexington county seem to have more of a northerly movement while the cell's in Richland county have more of an easterly movement. Lookout's shield is holding strong here in southern Lexington county. :lol: I do see an outflow boundary headed this way so hopefully that will cool things off just a bit. ^_^

Wow, Gauge reading 6.07" The amount of water everywhere is unreal, it's just standing everywhere. Parts of Dekalb street have been shut down uptown. Did not expect this.

All I can say is wow, I'm jaw droppingly stunned...finally got trained upon. Just got back into town and got home to dump the Cocorahs gauge....it measured 5.01". This is the biggest rain event since "Faye" here, and looking at the radar estimates (which are under-done), most of the southern part of the county got clobbered..which is a switch. I'm extremely happy, the plants are happy, everything is washed clean and has a great look. I knew it was going to be a big total by the ditches, ponds and streams everywhere coming into my neighborhood, not to mention how things looked in uptown Shelby this morning even before the biggest part had got underway. Some seriously heavy rain, which we just don't get very often.

Shelby airport had 3.09", but just east and southeast of there was ground zero for this one (here and NC blizzard). I just hope I haven't used up all my big precip allottment for the next few years :arrowhead:

post-38-0-95624400-1316642380.jpg

Archived