Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
September Obs.

LithiaWx

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NiCE!

Current conditions at BEAR as of Friday, September 16th, 2011 @ 3:08 PM EDT (30 mins ago) Temperature: 42.8 °F (6 °C) Dew point: calculated at 35.6 °F (2 °C) Relative humidity: 75% Wind: Northeast (67°) at 11 mph with gusts of 12 mph Pressure: 879.1 mb (25.96 inHg) station pressure

Temps are showing the CAD fairly well.

post-1288-0-87759500-1316196387.png

It would only be fitting that we use up all the cad setups now ;)

would be ironic, wouldnt it. i am surprised we havent had more since the 05 super cad. ive wondered if that used up our allotment for the next ten years lol

the wedge was coming in fast and furious last night and earlier today. winds have died down, though, and its brightening up a bit. temp is 59, which is certainly nice.

what i really we could see again is a real cad and one that overperforms as in the seemingly distant past :lol:

The GFS is confusing to me. Check this out. http://wxweb.meteost...shtml?text=KMGE

It shows temps tonight going down to 49 for me then warming up to 78 with cloud cover and the east winds associated with the wedge pouring in. This just does not make sense to me and it surely does not fit what CAD would do to us down here. Can anyone explain?

edit : even the NWS has Marietta only going up to 68 tomorrow. How am I reading this wrong it looks like a high of 78 on this readout of the 6z GFS...

NWS says Marietta will be 75 tomorrow.

Is it just me or have there been a lot of cloudy days with little to no rain in Atlanta this month ? With the remnants of Lee, it was cloudy for days with little rain. Now Atlanta is going to be cloudy for a few days with little rain. For an area that is in a bad drought it's like a big tease. Clouds don't do much to help the drought situation if it doesn't produce any rain !

Hope everyone is enjoying their CAD! It hit 84 this afternoon.... Oh well... Have to wait a few more months before I get to see highs in the low 60s... (last week was nice but that was upper 60s ;) )

I have had the windows open (for the first time since March 1st) all day, football preview on the TV, and I'm wearing sweatpants :hug: This is fantastic :wub:

It's only 75 in LaGrange. Isn't that in your coverage area ?

Heh, depending who you ask? If you ask me, it is in our viewing area. If you ask the news department... not really... Yes, there is a nice temperature gradient dissecting our area, but it was still quite warm this afternoon. Albany, GA was at 88 last I checked about an hour ago, so I can't complain too much ;) haha

Today's calendar high of 59 degrees at RDU is the coolest September maximum temperature at RDU since September 25, 1992, when it was 57 degrees for a high at RDU. Also, on September 28, 1984, the high was 54, on September 29, 1984, it was 55. On September 15, 1963, the high was 59. On September 28, 1957, the high was 55. On September 27, 1956, the high was 57, and the next day it was 55. On September 13, 1964, the high was also 59, the earliest sub-60 high at RDU in at least the previous 55 years.

The high at my house was 61.3 and that occurred exactly at midnight. The temperature has been in the 50s since 2:30 AM. My afternoon "high" was 57.6 at 2:00 PM. I'm now down to 54.4. I'm really hoping that I can break into the 40s either tonight or tomorrow night.

It has been cloudy all day with no breaks of sun, but also no rain at all. The clouds remind me of those "wintertime" clouds; you know, the kind that look like a snow storm might be imminent. Anyway, whatever I should call these clouds, they are not the typical summertime clouds.

Overall, today has been just fabulous. There has definitely been the feel of fall around. I finished the day off with a piping-hot bowl of cheese broccoli soup and some biscuits. Oh, yeah!

Hope everyone is enjoying their CAD! It hit 84 this afternoon.... Oh well... Have to wait a few more months before I get to see highs in the low 60s... (last week was nice but that was upper 60s ;) )

Lol...sorry about that :) I had more sun than I wanted too, and couldn't hold the 60's. Topped out at 72. Nicely cloudy now though. Hoping for a good, cool low tonight and maybe some drizzle! Tony

Awesome!

sitting at 57 right now. We so nice outside tonight feeding the animals and raking pony crap.

I agree with you view on the cloud deck today. Many teachers at the schools I visited today was thinking it might snow :) Little did they know..

The high at my house was 61.3 and that occurred exactly at midnight. The temperature has been in the 50s since 2:30 AM. My afternoon "high" was 57.6 at 2:00 PM. I'm now down to 54.4. I'm really hoping that I can break into the 40s either tonight or tomorrow night.

It has been cloudy all day with no breaks of sun, but also no rain at all. The clouds remind me of those "wintertime" clouds; you know, the kind that look like a snow storm might be imminent. Anyway, whatever I should call these clouds, they are not the typical summertime clouds.

Overall, today has been just fabulous. There has definitely been the feel of fall around. I finished the day off with a piping-hot bowl of cheese broccoli soup and some biscuits. Oh, yeah!

After the midnight high of 64, I've only rebounded to 58 around the afternoon. Some light showers came through earlier so that knocked the temperature a few degrees (down to 55).  Last night's winds were very refreshing but man did it get chilly fast by the early morning hours.  Not to mention the winds were strong enough at one point to blow down a few things, including my emptied trash can.  It wasn't a fun experience gathering what scattered across the yard that night haha.  

Perfect Fall day and a good time for making my tomato-saltine cracker soup with PB&J sandwich. Keeps you warm and filled. :) I always make them when days like this come by.

NiCE!

Current conditions at BEAR as of Friday, September 16th, 2011 @ 3:08 PM EDT (30 mins ago) Temperature: 42.8 °F (6 °C) Dew point: calculated at 35.6 °F (2 °C) Relative humidity: 75% Wind: Northeast (67°) at 11 mph with gusts of 12 mph Pressure: 879.1 mb (25.96 inHg) station pressure

Bruh, now im really bout to cry.:wub:

Lol...sorry about that :) I had more sun than I wanted too, and couldn't hold the 60's. Topped out at 72. Nicely cloudy now though. Hoping for a good, cool low tonight and maybe some drizzle! Tony

Tony, we're reporting a temperature of 72 at 10 PM!!!! hahahaha! :(:axe:

Been in the 70s all day here in Montgomery..guess your just stuck in the middle.:thumbsup:

It's okay. I'd rather be stuck in the middle now and get SLAMMED later on when it can get even colder ;)

BTW: Have you guys and gals noticed how unsettled the middle to end of next week look? I'm looking forward to at least two bouts of rain sometime between Wednesday and Friday. The pattern is really trying to set up with a BIG ole ridge out west and a long-wave trough digging into the SE. I've also noticed a few runs where it develops a cut-off low over the Ohio River Valley, give or take a couple hundred miles, and spins it there a few days. I'm looking forward to see what happens for all of us : )

PS: Go SEMINOLES! Scalp the Sooners :axe: (supposed to be scalping, but missed ;) )hahah!

It's okay. I'd rather be stuck in the middle now and get SLAMMED later on when it can get even colder ;)

BTW: Have you guys and gals noticed how unsettled the middle to end of next week look? I'm looking forward to at least two bouts of rain sometime between Wednesday and Friday. The pattern is really trying to set up with a BIG ole ridge out west and a long-wave trough digging into the SE. I've also noticed a few runs where it develops a cut-off low over the Ohio River Valley, give or take a couple hundred miles, and spins it there a few days. I'm looking forward to see what happens for all of us : )

PS: Go SEMINOLES! Scalp the Sooners :axe: (supposed to be scalping, but missed ;) )hahah!

72 at 10 pm ??? I"m at 60 and I'm just up the road from you a little ways.

BTW, are you going to the FSU game tomorrow ?

72 at 10 pm ??? I"m at 60 and I'm just up the road from you a little ways.

YUP! A distance of 85 miles will do that in a CAD set-up. Notice it's the mid 60s east of I-75 and north of about I-85. I mean La Grange is 64 right now... That and Columbus airport is now essentially surrounded by city, Interstate 185 is RIGHT next to it... We're still at 70 according to our station thermometer in downtown Columbus.

PS: No, I'm still working and have to do the 11, weird I know, but I have another station function I have to attend. Whatever, I'll watch the game here and root them on!

post-1807-0-10519500-1316226671.gif

I hope it does rain next week and a trough in the south would be so cool (pun intended). Also Roll Tide and lets hope for Bama vs FSU.

I hope it does rain next week and a trough in the south would be so cool (pun intended). Also Roll Tide and lets hope for Bama vs FSU.

I totally agree! The 18Z GFS has an interesting solution for next Friday night/Saturday morning... haha! Not sure I buy the two cut-off lows, but it sure seems like there will be a closed low somewhere around the Ohio River Valley, as stated in a previous post, sometime late next week. I don't think it will get COLD, but below average temperatures look pretty certain for much of next week for at least my area... We might see a few upper 80s Tuesday/Wednesday, but overall not bad considering our average is 87 ::thumbsup:

post-1807-0-29877400-1316227290.gif

I totally agree! The 18Z GFS has an interesting solution for next Friday night/Saturday morning... haha! Not sure I buy the two cut-off lows, but it sure seems like there will be a closed low somewhere around the Ohio River Valley, as stated in a previous post, sometime late next week. I don't think it will get COLD, but below average temperatures look pretty certain for much of next week for at least my area... We might see a few upper 80s Tuesday/Wednesday, but overall not bad considering our average is 87 ::thumbsup:

If only it was winter. :snowman:

Yeah, when I was wandering about the yard at midnight I was looking at the moon and stars..and at 1:30 I've only just dropped to 59 with little wind. Not quite the cad I was hoping for :) But man, oh, man does it beat the 90's/70's :) Maybe next time we'll get a fierce wind blown drizzle, you and I. T

Edit: Low was 57.9. Now, at 9:30 it is 59.7, but at least there is a good ne wind blowing, so it feels cooler.

Yeah, when I was wandering about the yard at midnight I was looking at the moon and stars..and at 1:30 I've only just dropped to 59 with little wind. Not quite the cad I was hoping for :) But man, oh, man does it beat the 90's/70's :) Maybe next time we'll get a fierce wind blown drizzle, you and I. T

Edit: Low was 57.9. Now, at 9:30 it is 59.7, but at least there is a good ne wind blowing, so it feels cooler.

Low of 48.6 here in the mountains at about 2000 feet. Feels so good! :)

What a beautiful day. Low DP's, Low Temps, by far the coolest day and night of the season so far, we are five degrees behind yesterday. I anticipate it will be hard to break 70 again today. There is a solid cloud deck today. The NWS has lowered the forecast high for today down to 72. I think that is still a tad too high..

What a perfect day to watch Georgia Tech destroy the Jayhawks!! On my way to the stadium shortly!!

Archived