e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Hurricane Irene - Discussion V

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone - It's been great following along with all of you this week. Learned a lot about these systems just reading through your posts! I am in GON - I live about 2 miles north of the airport. I am not in one of the low lying areas in Groton that was evacuated (GLP, Noank, Mystic River, etc). Just wondering...If this thing continues to track west and LF in NYC, what should we expect here in terms of wind? Are we talking trees down or what?

Thanks!

Hello everyone - It's been great following along with all of you this week. Learned a lot about these systems just reading through your posts! I am in GON - I live about 2 miles north of the airport. I am not in one of the low lying areas in Groton that was evacuated (GLP, Noank, Mystic River, etc). Just wondering...If this thing continues to track west and LF in NYC, what should we expect here in terms of wind? Are we talking trees down or what?

Thanks!

Welcome!

A track like that would definitely make for some very strong winds across your area...could see winds of 55-75 mph with gusts possibly up to 80-85 mph...possibly a bit less though depending on whether Irene weakens further. Still though wind damage should be expected given how saturated the ground is and with the duration of the strong winds incoming.

welcome! hope you have enjoyed reading and learning...TS conditions tomorrow...since you don't have to worry about storm surge, hope you got some snacks and stuff to pass the time...<br><br>well, so much for multi-quote...anyway that was for the people i saw who had only 1 post...<br>

Archived